Jobless fall slows down
- Apartments: Recovery After the Storm. Chapman, Parke // National Real Estate Investor;Dec2002, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the decline of occupancy rates and increase concessions in apartments in the U.S. Reduction of interest rates for apartment projects; Impact of unemployment rate on apartment sectors; Growth of rents in the third quarter of 2001.
- NEWSBITE. // Credit Management;Nov2003, p7
Discusses the possibility of a reversal of the downward trend in interest rates in Great Britain. Drop in unemployment; Revival of the housing market.
- Drop in joblessness stirs interest rate worries. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;6/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 109, p32
Reports on the increase in the number of unemployed persons in the United States. Concerns about rising interest rates; Number of jobs created as of May 1997; Analyst Bruce Steinberg's forecast that the US Federal Reserve may tighten credit in July 1997.
- Job Data Boost Chances of a Half-Point Fed Hike. Golle, Vince // American Banker;5/8/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 88, p26
Reports on aspects of the United States economy which may cause the US Federal Reserve Board to raise interest rates. Unemployment rate which is continuing to fall; Wages which are continuing to rise; Outlook for the future.
- Economic Indicators Buoy The Anti-Rate-Hike Crowd. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;8/7/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 150, p24
Reports on the improvement of bank stocks in the United States for the week ending August 5, 2000. Implications of the U.S. Labor Department's report of stable unemployment rate; Possibility of interest rate increase.
- Transatlantic Money Squabble. Byron, Christopher; Bonn; Flamini, Roland; Bonfante, Jordan // Time;7/20/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p55
The article focuses on the increase in interest rates in the U.S. and its effect on other European countries. In the U.S., interest rates have continued to be around 20% and in June 1981 the prime interest rate reached 20.5%. As reported, European countries are concerned about the high American...
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/29/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 52, pP19
This section offers news briefs on the economy of Las Vegas, Nevada as of December 2008. The unemployment rate in metropolitan Las Vegas continued to rise as 7.9 percent of jobless residents looked for work in November. A range of zero to 0.25 percent is targeted for the lowering of the Federal...
- ECONOMY. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p29
Several graphs and a chart are presented which show economic figures in Indianapolis, Indiana, including interest rates as of August 16, 2007, hotel room revenue in June 2007 and unemployment rates in 2006 and 2007.
- Economic outlook bright for region. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the economic forecasting for Hudson River Valley in New York. Reduction in interest rates; Confidence level in the stock market and financial investments; Increase in unemployment rate.