Staff win right to sue over bad reputations
- Councils hope for BCCI cash this summer. // Public Finance;2/3/95, p4
Reports on the agreement from the Luxembourg court for the first installment of the money owed by the collapsed Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) to councils. Interim payment agreed upon by the court; Plans for the payments outlined by BCCI liquidator Touche Ross; Scheduled payments.
- Court ruling delays BCCI compensation. // Public Finance;10/29/93, p2
Reports on the decision by a Luxembourg court which would delay compensation for local councils in Great Britain which lost money with the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI). Upholding of an appeal by three creditors blocking a compensation package by Abu Dhabi...
- Top BCCI execs to be tried in Abu Dhabi. // American Banker;10/8/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 194, p2
Reports on the trial of top executives of Bank of Credit and Commerce International scheduled for October 9, 1993 in Abu Dhabi. Pakistani entrepreneur Agha Hassan Abedi as one of the defendants; Charges.
- The top trials of 2005 and 2006. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
The article presents a list of the top ten trials of 2005 and the cases of 2006 in Great Britain. The decision of Delloitte, the liquidators of the Bank of Credit &3x0026; Commerce International on the case against the Bank of England prompted a storm of criticism over the length of the trial....
- Clifford speaks. Beschloss, Michael R. // New Yorker;9/6/93, Vol. 69 Issue 28, p44
Relates Clark Clifford's discussion of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) case after his acquittal. Indictment; Prosecution's case; Medical problems; Washington friends; Law firm; Personal recount; Arraignment; Sentiments on newspaper stories about his case; Family relations;...
- Court examines the effect of stigma on staff. Crabb, Steve // People Management;3/9/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the question being tackled by the Appeal Court on difficulties face in looking for a job by an employee whose employer gains a bad reputation beyond his control. Claims of the two former managers of the collapsed Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) considered by the...
- Abu Dhabi gives former BCCI execs prison sentences of up to 14 years. // American Banker;6/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 114, p5
Reports on Abu Dhabi's conviction of former executives of the collapsed Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI). Charges of fraud against Agha Hasan Abedi, top aide Swaleh Naqvi and others; Prison sentence; Restitution to the Abu Dhabi government; Civil suit filed separately by the...
- Banking on the bank's honesty. Walker, Peter // Credit Management;Sep97, p33
Explains how employees fired from companies with doubtful reputations could benefit from a decision of the Law Lords in the case of `Mahmud v. Bank of Credit & Commerce International SA.' Reputation issues; Cases cited in the ruling; Trust and confidence issues; Problems for liquidators.
- Employee Relations. // People Management;12/10/98, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p12
Presents news briefs related to industrial relations in Great Britain. Move of Great Britain Trade and Industry Minister Peter Mendelson to reject the qualifying period for union membership; Move of the European Commission to call for the organization of work to be modernized to improve...