Tendering to drag on
- Authorities abuse forced changes, says minister. // Public Finance;11/15/96, p7
Suggests that the British government was forced to overhaul the Compulsory Competitive Tendering (CCT) regime due to the abuse by some councils of its flexibility. Advantage of the new rules; Tightening of loopholes that local authorities are using.
- New rules merely `gesture politics.'. // Public Finance;11/15/96, p7
Reports on the accusation against the British government of playing `gesture politics' on the Compulsory Competitive Tendering (CCT) issue. Delays in announcement on rule changes; Reasons why delays discouraged contractors.
- Wholesale changes to CCT regime promised. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;04/26/96, p3
Reports about the intention of British environmental minister Sir Paul Beresford to tear up regulations governing the white-collar compulsory competitive tendering (CCT). Changes in the CCT regime stressed by Beresford; Factor forcing Beresford to act on the proposed CCT regime.
- Canadian takeover law hit. // Pensions & Investments;8/23/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p38
Reports on University of Toronto associate law professor Jeffrey G. Macintosh's criticism of the shares takeover rules in Canada. Provisions of the takeover rules; Flaws in the rules; Macintosh's proposals.
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p26
Reports that the Turkish government is expected to appeal for the removal of an injunction against tenders for major thermal stations in Turkey. Identification of plants classified under the tender process; Reactions of the Chamber of the Electrical Engineers concerning the regulation.
- Revised Panel rules for tenders. // Accountancy;Sep87, Vol. 100 Issue 1129, p32
Reports on the revision of government rules on tender offers in Great Britain, effective August 3, 1987.
- White-collar CCT plans hit setback. // Public Finance;09/20/96, p2
Reports on the hostile reception to government plans of extending white-collar compulsory competitive tendering (CCT). Details on the government's proposals; Opinion of experts on the proposals; Length of time to alter CCT legislation.
- ï¿½OHS and EC take aim at tenders. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p1
Reports on criticism received by the Czech government and municipal authorities for irregular practices and the exclusion of foreign companies from public tenders. Complaints filed by the European Commission (EC) and the Czech anti-monopoly office; Opposition official Jiri Witzany's call for an...
- THE SEC: A BLACK KNIGHT FOR TARGET MANAGEMENT--AN ANALYSIS OF SOME RECENT SEC RULES AND PROPOSED RULES. Leiser, Harvey // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall81, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p21
Examines the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's tender offer rules. Objectives of federal tender offer rules; Types of offer made in takeover attempts; Impact of the rules on management-shareholder relationships; Costs of compliance with the rules.