Labour urged to curb company car usage
- Company cars lose their shine. // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p10
Reports on Great Britain's plan to increase income tax payments for employees using company cars.
- TAX UPDATE. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar2002, p20
Presents an update on various changes in the taxation of company cars in Great Britain, beginning April 6, 2002. Reward for cleaner and efficient cars; Charges for carbon emissions; Rule on increased mileage.
- Car FBT avoidance tested. Gilchrist, Brent // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb1998, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on the fringe benefit tax (FBT) on company cars provided to shareholder-employees in New Zealand. Perceived unfairness of FBT; Discussion of the approach adopted by tax specialists to counter FBT avoidance.
- WHEELS FOR WORK: FROM SIERRA TO SAAB. Williams, Ron // Accountancy;Sep89, Vol. 104 Issue 1153, p119
Discusses the tax treatment of company cars that can also be used privately in Great Britain. Impact of taxation on the popular use of two-liter automobiles as company cars; Benchmark automobiles related to the tax scheme for company cars; Popular two-liter automobiles in the market.
- Turning with the wheels of fortune. Fowler, Alan // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p38
Considers options to employers and employees regarding taxable benefit on company cars' ruling in Great Britain. Effect of tax regime to employees; How the car's value is determined; Options in reducing tax bill.
- FARM PROVIDES CAR? GET SET FOR MORE TAX. Home, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;3/22/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p90
Reports on the changes in tax rules in company cars in Great Britain in 2002. Effect of the rules on employees who have company cars; Importance of personal and business implications of these changes; Impact of the tax regime on the total costs associated with company cars.
- A tax guide. // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p59
Reports on the introduction of a new company car tax system in Great Britain. Overview on the contents of 'The Company Car and the 1993 Budget--A Quick Reference Guide,' released by Cowie Interleasing; Means of calculating company car taxes under the present taxation system in the country.
- Bafflingly simple or simply baffling? Buxton, Mike // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May99, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the taxation of company owned automobile in Great Britain. Computation of automobile tax; Details on car fuel expenses; Provision of a mobile telephone.
- Revised tax scales for company cars. // Accountancy;Aug1976, Vol. 87 Issue 996, p13
Focuses on the proposals for changing the method of taxing the benefit derived from the private use of a company car by an employee earning 5,000 pounds a year or more. Benefit on a scale varying according to the type of the car provided; Consultation of motor industry on the industrial...