Call for equality
- Equal opportunities slips down the list of priorities. Johnson, Rebecca // People Management;6/3/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p22
Reports on a debate hosted by Wainwright Trust company on the impact of cost cutting to equality at work. Highlights of the debate; Importance for companies to give attention to equality at work in their cost cutting initiatives.
- NEWS IN 60 SECONDS. // People Management;5/31/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p11
This section offers news briefs related to people management in Great Britain. There has been plans to introduce fast-track degree courses that would enable students to complete a three-year course in two years. High-profile backers were signed up by McDonald's for its campaign to change the...
- Misusing feedback. Snader, Jack // Executive Excellence;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p4
Discusses how the full-circle employee assessment process is widely misused. Employees' attitude towards assessments during downsizing; Use of assessments for raises and promotions; Poor delivery of feedbacks.
- Investigation of raters' and ratees' reactions to three methods of performance appraisal: BOS... Tziner, Aharon; Kopelman, Richard; Joanis, Christine // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p396
Investigates approaches in rating of employees. Goal properties of behavior-based appraisals; Empirical evidences from other studies; Comparison of three methods of performance appraisal; Attitude of employees toward methods of appraisal.
- How to: Provide effective feedback. // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p44
Explains ways and methods of providing a constructive criticism to employees as part of performance appraisal. Goal of providing feedback; Basic principles of effective feedback that can be applied within the formal and informal context; Different approach of feedback which is provided in...
- Improve your performance appraisals. Gershkovich, Karen // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p63
Suggests tips in improving employee performance. Impact of performance appraisals on employees; What managers must do during appraisal.
- Improving performance appraisal. Goodale, James G. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p65
Presents guidelines to help managers improve the performance appraisal of employees. Common complaints of employees about appraisals; Involving managers and their employees in the design of the system; Making the objectives of the appraisal clear and placing proper emphasis on each; Focusing...
- Multi-dimensional assessment plans are catching on. // Corporate Board;May/June97, Vol. 18 Issue 104, p28
Reports on companies' use of multisource assessment (MSA) to evaluate employee performance and for individual development. Broadening of appraisal process; Multisource assessment for higher-level employees; Observations from Mercer consultant David Bracken.
- Conducting a comprehensive labor force study: One area-wide experience. Lackey, Susan A. // Economic Development Review;Winter92, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p29
Examines the process of assessing labor force skills and availability in the twin cities metropolitan area in Minnesota. Wage rates; Fears about long-term labor supply; Labor-management climate; Change from a blue collar community to a white collar town; Participation in the labor force based on...