Calling all councillors
- Training and technical assistance for local government in Hungary: A critique and suggestions for... Buss, Terry F.; Vaughan, Roger // East European Quarterly;Sep95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p389
Evaluates the training and technical assistance for local government in Hungary. Features of American local government assistance; Other international initiatives to help the local government in Hungary; Problems with the local government assistance; Recommendations.
- Local government entities 1993. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p14
Presents a chart illustrating the number of local government entities in Long Island, New York as of 1993. Municipal corporations; Special purpose units; Special districts; Fire districts; County districts.
- Local government entities 1994. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/25/96 Supplement Almanac, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p14
Lists government entities in Long Island, New York in 1994. Municipal corporations; Special purpose units; Special districts in towns; Fire districts; County districts.
- Romance and the appointment commitment. // Public Management (00333611);Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p2
Presents advices to queries pertaining to local government service in the United States. Regulations of the local governments on employees who are planning to leave the community in less than two years.
- A low-stress way to cut purchasing costs. Newman, Stanley // Public Management (00333611);Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the local governments' cost reduction strategies in the United States. Extension of bidding process; Internet usage; Other cost-reduction tools.
- Local self-government and the development of territories. Strongina, M. // Russian Social Science Review;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p16
Argues that nonstate status of local self-government in Russia is the principal guarantee of real self-government in government. Proofs of the unviability of the existing system of local self-government; Zemstvo experience as the history of struggle for popular representation; Legislative...
- The debureaucratization of Chicago. Rategan, Catherine A.; O'Hare, Kenneth // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p95
Discusses the implementation of the Models of Excellence program by the government of Chicago, Illinois. Results of MOE at the Chicago Public Library; Department of Health; Cook County Central Services; Cook County Hospital; Department of Housing; Chicago Park District; Forest Preserve District...
- Familia feud. DiLeo, Michael; Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
Discusses the political situation in Laredo, Texas in November 1996. The goal of city councilman Luis Bruni to rid the town of ex-mayor Pepe Martin; The feud between the families; The prevailing of conservatism in a predominantly liberal town; Speculation on reasons for the conservative coup;...
- The Enabling Local State and Urban Development: Resources, Rhetoric and Planning in East London. Rydin, Yvonne // Urban Studies (Routledge);Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p175
Current literature on the new urban governance highlights the changes in patterns of relations hips between actors at the local level, but also emphasises the continuing or even increasing importance of central government; in urban policy in par ticular there has been notable centralisation....
- Revolution, evolution and local government structure: An empirical analysis of London. Boyne, George A.; Cole, Michael // Urban Studies (Routledge);Apr98, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p751
Analyzes the fragmentation and concentration in the structure of local government in London, England with emphasis on the importance of evolutionary processes as well as radical reforms. Development of local government structure between 1855 and 1996; Definition of local government in London;...