- In brief. // New Statesman & Society;11/17/95, Vol. 8 Issue 379, p8
Reports on the Fabian Society's publication of two tracts addressing the British Labour Party's attitude to a single European currency.
- 'Members will laugh' at Fabian four. // Accountancy;Sep91, Vol. 108 Issue 1177, p12
Reports on the call for radical changes in the accounting profession in Great Britain. Criticisms contained in a Fabian Society publication; Problems with audit.
- Fabians launch debate on tax system. // Accountancy;Oct98, Vol. 122 Issue 1262, p33
Reports that the Fabian Society is set to review the tax system in great Britain. Principals that should govern a modern tax system; Debate over the purpose of taxation and its central role in funding public services; Institute of Directors' review of the UK tax system.
- Fabian Advance and Retreat. // History Today;Aug77, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p485
Focuses on the history of the Fabian Society in late Victorian England. Founder of the society; Objective of the society; Origin of the society's name.
- Fabian call for compulsory voting. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;06/02/2000, p8
Reports on the proposal of the Fabian Society to hold pilot studies of compulsory voting in local elections in Great Britain. Claims made by the pamphlet `Votes for all'; Projected result of forcing people to the polling booths; Criticisms against compulsory voting.
- Web offers little to socially excluded, say Fabians. Joseph, Colin // Public Finance;7/6/2001-7/12/2001, p15
Discusses a report released by the Fabian Society suggesting that Internet content is the critical barrier in bridging digital divide in Great Britain. Failure of initiatives to engage the disadvantaged; Factors that will influence the aim of universal Internet access by 2005.
- A Century of Fabianism 1884-1984. Wright, Anthony // History Today;May84, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the celebration of the centenary of the Fabian Society. Portrayal of the British socialist tradition; Overview of Fabianism as a doctrine; Comparison of Fabianism and Marxism; Achievements of the society.
- Calls for inquiry on employee relations. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;07/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p7
Questions how the Labour government of United Kingdom should approach the reform of industrial relations. National inquiry in employee relations called by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) and Fabian Society research institutions; Causes and effects of unhealthy employee...
- Shedding new light on Labour. Milne, Kristy // New Statesman & Society;7/29/94, Vol. 7 Issue 313, p23
Profiles the think-tanks of the British Labour Party. Fabian Society; Institute for Public Policy Research; Demos. INSET: City whizz-kid puts on his thinking-cap (Gerald Holtham)..