Personnel jobs go on the line in CWC deal
- The offshore office. Bowry, Kavita // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p91
Focuses on the alliance between Cable and Wireless Communications (CWC) and EAE Ltd. Working agreement between the two parties; Contracts won by the alliance; Link to a joint venture formed by CWC's parent Cable and Wireless and Schlumberger; Alliance's plans to offer customers with a...
- CWC takes axe to marketing team. Day, Julia; Conley, Clare // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the restructuring of Cable & Wireless Communications. Indication that the company has decreased staff in its central marketing department; How many marketing posts have been terminated; Details on the company's affiliation with Grey Integrated company.
- Lord Young's Chinese puzzle. Woolcock, Keith // Management Today;Sep94, p32
Presents a company profile of Cable and Wireless Communications. Expansion into the Asian region; Benefits of technological innovations to company; Management strategies of company chairman Lord Young.
- British shops pitch global computer account. // Adweek Western Edition;9/13/93, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p18
Lists three companies negotiating with Cable and Wireless Communications Inc. for an ad campaign of a computer system designed for worldwide corporations. Chiat/Day; Saatchi & Saatchi Business; Hoare Wilkins.
- CWC hit by mailing gaffe. Marshall, Sharon // Marketing Week;12/11/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p7
Discloses that Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC) has committed a blunder in its direct-mail campaign by sending out thank-you letters to people who have never communicated with the company. Cost of the campaign; Volume of calls made by confused mail recipients to the company's customer...
- Transpacific cable. Johnson, Debra; McCormick, Nicole // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p71
Reports on Cable and Wireless Communications' memorandum of understanding with the Chinese government to build a fiber-optic submarine cable linking North America and China.
- U.K. cable debutant in expansion mode. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;03/31/97, Vol. 366 Issue 9, p44
Reports on expansion plans of Cable & Wireless Communications. Upgrade of the company's cable networks for digital television; Development of movie channels, pay-per-view and video-on-demand services; Negotiations with major studios to prevent BSkyB from securing exclusive access to Hollywood...
- Cable & Wireless joins int'l ATM party. Rohde, David // Network World;07/07/97, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p31
Reports on Cable & Wireless Communications Inc.'s launch of its international asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) service called Global ATM. Variable bit rate and nonreal-time virtual circuits offerings; Alternative to high-capacity private data line; Comparisons with other similar offerings;...
- Cable & Wireless confirms mobile division sale talks. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the confirmation by Cable and Wireless Communications plc, that the company was in negotiations with four mobile telecommunications operators in Great Britain, in relation to the sale of the company's mobile service division. Companies Cable and Wireless are negotiating with; Details...