Intel faces fight over `termination quotas'
- Intel chip sets beef up PCI concurrency. Levy, Markus // EDN;02/15/96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p32
Presents information Intel chips. Details on the 430HX and 430VX; Features of chips; Information on the multitransaction timer; Uses of the feature; Detailed information on the Universal Serial Bus (USB) added to the HX and VX; Cost of the chips; Contact information.
- Eye of excellence. // Secretary;Aug/Sep93, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p21
Enumerates factors within the Intel Corp. that made it worthy of the second Award for Excellence given by the Professional Secretaries International. Intel's $500K Team; Small Purchase Order Card (SPOCC) which resulted from the $500K Team; Informal `buddy system' developed by secretaries; Admin...
- Computer chip wars. // Esquire;Sep84, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p73
Computer chip wars: the story of the Intel 2764. Three years ago, Intel launched a sneak attack on the Japanese market with this powerful chip, which can store and process 64,000 bits of information in an area the size of a baby's fingernail, and they won the battle.
- The hot new star of microchips. Horten, Monica // New Scientist;5/1/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1871, p31
Looks at the creation of the Pentium microprocessor chip from Intel. Late launching; Mixture of complex instruction set computing (Cisc) and repetitive intensive number-crunching (Risc); Preliminary design; Refinements made; Performance; Intention for desktop computer market; Power consumption.
- New family of scientific computers. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/4/85, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p81
Intel Corp. plans to start shipping in June a new family of scientific computers with concurrent processing architecture that will reduce significantly the cost of high-speed, large-scale computation and contribute to dramatic increases in computer performance, company officials said. This line...
- Intel 6 mos. profits surpass total for '92. // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p6
Reports on Intel Corp.'s performance for the first half and the second quarter of 1993 (Q293). Net income and sales compared to 1992 figures; Intel president and chief executive officer Andrew S. Grove on the expansion of Intel486 microprocessor volume; Exceeding of the goal of shipping 10,000...
- ...about Intel inside. Burge, Frank J. // Electronic Design;4/4/94, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p82
Comments on Intel Corp.'s `Intel Inside' advertising campaign. Campaign's background; Campaign's impact on Intel's sales performance.
- Intel upgrades NetWare administration tools. Musich, Paula // PC Week;6/21/93, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p7
Reports on Intel Corp.'s Smart Network Services (SNS). Novell NetWare 3.11 LANs; Tools; SNS strategy; LANDesk Virus Protect; Storage Express; Capabilities; LanspoolExpress Print Accelerator; Prices.
- Underwhelmed by OverDrive. Goldberg, Aaron // PC Week;6/21/93, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p142
Discusses Intel's marketing campaign for, and the vendor reaction to the OverDrive chip. Future built in; Role of OverDrive in the marketplace for personal computer products; Three reasons for its eventual failure.
- Intel looks to expand its network business. Whitestone, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;02/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the planned expansion of Intel Corporation. Views from Frank Gill, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Internet and Communications Group; Details on Intel's financial status; Areas in which Intel hopes to expand; Information on Intel's expertise in silicon.