Tampa, Fla., signs off on swaption with Morgan Stanley
- In Swaps, Morgan Stanley Priced as Risky. // American Banker;10/3/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 152, p9
Brief information is given about Morgan Stanley firm's debt rating and creditworthiness in the credit-default swaps (CDS) market which is noted as being as risky as that of big lenders in Italy.
- 'Exotic' derivative first. // Estates Gazette;9/1/2007, Issue 735, p49
The article reports that Morgan Stanley has traded an exotic property derivative contract which allows traders to make leveraged gains from residential property prices in Great Britain in 2007. The trade marks a departure from standard or vanilla derivative deals, which have largely involved...
- HEDGING ON RATE FUTURES. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/15/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p10
The article offers information on the Container Freight Swap Agreement between Morgan Stanley and Delphis launched by Clarkson Securities. The London, England-based brokerage firm launched the swap agreement with the belief that it can develop a market where container carriers and shippers would...
- Catholic Health Takes the Initiative With $1.1B Offering. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/19/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33201, p7
The article reports on 11. 69 billion bond offerings released by issuers in October 15, 2009 in which nonprofit organization Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) issued the greatest revenue worth 1.1 billion dollars to financial firm Morgan Stanley & Co. in the U.S. It notes that CHI bid is rated...
- WORLD'S BEST DERIVATIVES PROVIDERS 2007. Neville, Laurence // Global Finance;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p47
The article presents the result of the survey for the world's best derivatives providers in 2007. Morgan Stanley & Co Inc. is the best commodity derivatives provider because of its continued expansion of its service offerings in commodities with strategic acquisitions. Meanwhile, the best credit...
- Morgan Stanley puts services on Internet. // Pensions & Investments;10/2/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p35
Reports that Morgan Stanley and Co. is offering its Global Economic Forum and a home page on the Internet.
- Some Morgan Stanley bankers ruffled by new `star' system. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/22/97, Vol. 63 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the dissatisfaction of some bankers at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Discover over the company's honorary award program that distinguishes the top five percent of investment bankers deemed truly exceptional by their managers and colleagues. Morgan Stanley's aim of identifying a select...
- Morgan Stanley Trust enters Bombay. Kimelman, John // American Banker;10/19/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 202, p12
Reports on Morgan Stanley Trust Co.'s opening of a branch in Bombay, India.
- Morgan Stanley fined. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/5/95, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p26
Reports that Morgan Stanley & Co. has been fined for violation of rules in executing derivatives deals.