FASB witnesses named
- Baker to push for FASB rule review. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p6
Reports on the plan of Representative Richard Baker to push ahead with his legislation to require federal review of Financial Accounting Standards Board rules. Extra-judicial and administrative process of the agency.
- Congressman turns up heat against FASB on derivatives. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;10/2/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 190, p1
Reports that lawmaker Richard Baker has urged the US Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) to delay implementation of its controversial derivatives rule. Introduction of legislation to force FASB to back off; FASB response to Baker; Provisions of the rule.
- Beware trap of politicizing financial reporting rules. Jenkins, Edmund // American Banker;5/21/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 96, p4
Opinion. Discusses a bill introduced by United States Representative Richard Baker, pertaining to the political aspects of financial reporting standards. Role of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB); Objective of Baker's bill; Anticipated advantages of the bill; Details on a forum...
- In a symbolic gesture, Rep. Baker proposes giving SEC... Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;04/06/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30366, p37
Reports on the proposal of Representative Richard H. Baker to add an amendment that require the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to approve Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) standards. Provisions of the proposal; Requirement imposed by SEC on all public companies.
- Bill Would Allow Companies To Challenge the FASB In Court. // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p59
The article discusses legislation proposed by U.S. Representative Richard Baker that would permit lawsuits by public firms against the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with rules set forth by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). If passed, the measure would let...
- FASB issues technical bulletin on stock purchase plans. // Business Credit;Feb98, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the publishing of a technical bulletin by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). Provisions of the bulletin; Exceptions of the bulletin; Contact information for a copy of the bulletin.
- FASB appoints task force to aid with implementation issues on derivatives. // Business Credit;May98, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the appointment of a task force by the Financial Accounting Standards Boards (FASB) to assist in providing timely guidance on derivative standards. Who will chair the task force; Need for such standards; Benefits of standards to investors.
- FASB votes to issue derivatives standard. // Business Credit;Sep98, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p58
Presents information on a final standard on derivatives and hedging to be issued by the financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). When the standard will be published; When the standards are expected to becomes effective; Comments from Edmund L. Jenkins, chairman of the FASB.
- Seminar on financial instrument. // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p14
Reports a seminar on the key proposals in the Accounting Standards Board's reexposure draft on financial instruments. Contact information.