Results of competitive sales
- Sell yourself. McCarthy, John J. // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb98, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p72
Presents sales techniques and tips to ensure strong customer relationships. Creating credibility and a positive first impression; Importance of integrity; Avoidance of flattery; Exhibiting empathy for the customer; Planning of calls to customers.
- Retail sales. // Business News New Jersey;12/27/95, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p37
Looks at retail sales in the state of New Jersey. Health growth of 2% annually for last 20 years; Influence on retail sales by economic cycles; Sales to increase again at continuation of New Jersey's recovery.
- Retailers, wake-up: Yule isn't what it used to be. Snyder, David // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Opinion. Discusses the performance of sale during the 1997 Christmas season. Reference to Retailers who enters the post Thanksgiving rush thinking that sales will increase; Details on the performance of sale.
- Real-estate sampler. Claire, Tom // Country Living;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p82
Presents contact information about properties for sale in the United States.
- Road warriors. // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p8
Reports that according to Freedonia Group of Cleveland, Ohio electric car sales will grow 20-fold from 1998 to 2003. Amount of cars sold in 1995; Estimates for car sales by 2005; What this will mean for 3M and Hydro-Quebec.
- `hot potatoes' force action. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p10
Focuses on the `hot potato' device which is a physical object, that represents a sales idea and forces action. Reference from Walter Weintz; Definition on the `hot potato' device.
- Remember the first rule of selling: Don't drop the money on the ground. Jackson, Donald Dale // Smithsonian;Feb94, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p122
Tells about the author's experience in selling. How his occasional stabs at selling as he grew up confirmed his conviction that he had no gift for it; The discovery that his collection of `Life' magazines had value; How he became a mail-order dealer in `Life' back issues and ads; The feeling of...
- Market Snapshots. // MarketWatch: Food;August 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p6
Presents a graph depicting shop sales in Spain.
- Retail Sales Up 0.5%; Ex-Autos Rise 0.6%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p2
The article reports on the increase of retail sales of merchandise and electronic products by 0.5% in the U.S.
- Sales is a game of continuous learning. Michaelson, Gerald A. // Sell!ng;Jul98, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p7
Discusses the fact that sales is a continuous learning experience. Importance of information in sales; Benefits of a portable computer for a salesperson; Usefulness of military strategy as it applies to business.