Federal grants to states jeopardized by welfare, child-support deadlines
- Increased employer involvement in child-support payments. Murphy, Betty Southard; Barlow, Wayne E. // Personnel Journal;Feb94, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the increased involvement by managers in the collection of child-support payments in the United States. Wage withholding under the Family Support Act (FSA) of 1988; Provision for wage withholding of delinquent parents; Passage of a law in California penalizing employers;...
- Seeking support for black children. Simms, M.C. // Black Enterprise;Mar1988, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p35
Discusses the House bill HR 1720 and the Moynihan bill, both aimed at welfare reform. How they would benefit black children--more than two third's of whom are living below the poverty line.
- The new welfare bill: When more isn't enough. Hylton, R.D. // Black Enterprise;Jan1989, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p21
Discusses the new welfare bill, the government's latest attempt to overhaul the welfare system. Provisions of the bill. INSET: Significant changes in the welfare system..
- Welfare Reform. // Congressional Digest;Feb1988, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p33
This section of six short summaries details federal welfare programs and proposed reform legislation (the `Family Welfare Reform Act' or H.R. 1720). Evolution of federal welfare programs; Aid to Families with Dependent Children; Food Stamp Program; Job training; Recent action in Congress.
- The `Family Welfare Reform Act of 1987' Be Enacted? PRO. // Congressional Digest;Feb1988, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p40
Presents arguments in favor of passage of the `Family Welfare Reform Act of 1987.' Those arguing for passage are Rep. Thomas J. Downey (D-N.Y.), Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.), Rep. Leon E. Panelta (D-Calif.), Rep. James L. Oberstar (D-Minn .), Rep. Brian J. Donnelly (D-Mass.), Rep. Byron L....
- President Clinton. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 156, p2
No abstract available.
- The welfare-reform is set to begin. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 176, p2
Reports that a debate is expected to begin in the US Senate to discuss the viability of the welfare-reform bill introduced by Senator Dole.
- Welfare reform. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;9/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 197, p2
Briefs about forthcoming debate on GOP social reform bill in the US Senate.
- Congress, president set election stage with flurry of activity. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p10
Presents the main provisions of the welfare reform passed by the US Congress and President Bill Clinton. Conversion of the Aid to Families With Dependent Children to block grants managed by the states; Non-coverage of legal immigrants for the first five years of stay in the United States.