Tuition plan bill pushed by Representative
- Granger expected to win business support in congressional bid. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;12/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p1
Looks at former Fort Worth Mayor Kay Granger and her campaign trail for the District 12 Congressional seat in 1996. Expectations of local analysts; Role of Chief Executive Officers and corporations for Granger's campaign; Comments from James Riddlesperger, a political science professor.
- Taking her local agenda national. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;12/20/96, Vol. 9 Issue 34, p1
Reports on Congresswoman-elect Kay Granger's transfer of residence to Houston Street in Fort Worth, Texas. Efforts to adopt to the new house; Accomplishments; Influence of Congressman Pete Geren.
- House sets tentative HEA hearing time line. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan97, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the scheduled hearings for the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1992 at the United States Congress. Background information; Implications; Plans and expectations; Contact information.
- College Demand and the Campus Security Act of 1990. Depken II, Craig A. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p326
Analyzes the article `College Demand and the Campus Security Act of 1990,' to study the impact of the enactment of Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990. Methodology of the study; Conclusion.
- The way to combat New Jersey's education brain drain. Scott, Robert A. // Northern New Jersey Business;2/22/95, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p39
Outlines initiatives provided by the New Jersey Higher Education Restructuring Act of 1994 which are viewed to advance quality, accessibility and affordability of higher education. Expansion of the authority and forms of accountability of campus board of trustees; Establishment of the...
- The new Higher Education Act. Flower, Ruth // Academe;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p85
Highlights the Higher Education Amendments of 1998 in the United States. Information on the amendments; Information on the topics discussed at the congressional debates.
- ED opens public review of HEA. C.D. // Community College Week;12/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p3
Reports that community colleges in the United States will be given an opportunity to make an input to the Education Department, on the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act. Hearing scheduled for December 17, 1996; Why some schools may be forced to submit written comments rather than make...
- Riley outlines higher ed. proposal for House panel. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;06/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the Higher Education Act proposal as outlined by Secretary of Education Richard W. Riley before a House panel. Incentives for low-income students; Rewards to institutions with large numbers of Pell grant recipients who finish their educational programs; Support programs for...
- Dropping by. // Connection (0895-6405);Spring97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Details the provision of the 1992 amendments to the United States Federal Higher Education Act. Unannounced inspections of vocational and technical colleges by accrediting agencies; Memo outlining how the inspections would be conducted sent by Charles M. Cook, the head of the Commission on...