- e-business -- from the inside. Long, Robert L. // Hospitality Upgrade;Summer2000, p1
The article discusses the benefits of intranet with the companies in the hospitality industry. It says that corporate use of intranet to communicate with employees enables companies to reduce communication and administrative costs. It tackles how electronic messaging, web collaboration, distance...
- 'Net buzz. Nerney, Chris // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p58
Presents information relating to the Internet and intranet industry. Comparison of the Internet to baseball; Details on the success of the online bookseller, Amazon.com; Scheduled date for GreenTree, a San Francisco health store, to launch a Web site which designs personalized health plans;...
- A private function. Hammond, Ray // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p25
Argues that British employees will never use company intranets to their full advantage if they are not allowed to do so in privacy. Views expressed by British senior human resources (HR) executives on the use of intranet technology; Role of encryption for the personal communications of...
- Inside story. Buchanan, Leigh // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p11
Focuses on the use of intranets by companies. Impressions about Sandia National Laboratories' intranet; Claims about the advantages of intranets; Challenges of building an intranet.
- Home, home on the Web. Allen, Leilani E. // Mortgage Banking;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on several features of intranet technology being deployed by a number of companies to achieve significant savings. Distinctions between Internet/Intranet and traditional computing; Numerous uses that various departments of a company might have for an intranet; Four business factors...
- A net's worth: Why business finds intranets hard to resist. Macfarlane, David // Outlook;Spring97 Supplement Technology & co, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p18
Discusses today's most indispensable business tool--the Intranet or inhouse Internet. Functions of the intranet; Setting up the company net; What should and should not go on your intranet; Determining the need for an intranet. INSET: How secure is your Internet?..
- Intranets: The chewing gum for legacy systems. Brakeman, Lynne // Managed Healthcare;Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p52
Provides information on the rapid growth of intranets in the United States. Advantages of using the system; Several companies that are using intranets.
- Intranet system investment wasted. // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p4
Reports that over 50 percent of the companies that invest in an intranet system are disappointed with the result and say their budgets could have been better used, according to an Internet services agency.
- Giants grapple over groupware. Barrett, Randy // Inter@ctive Week;02/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the expected competition over Intranet services in the United States. Information on companies which provide Intranet services; Reasons for the increased interest in the Intranet; Advantages and disadvantages of various companies.