Study of bus violence
- Adults beat school bus driver, claiming kids brought home late. // Jet;11/14/94, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the attack on Chicago, Illinois bus driver Harold Clark by a group of adults who were angry because their children were allegedly being brought late from school. Police's plan to filed charges against Clark's attackers.
- Autistic teen to be arraigned in court for alleged assault against bus driver. BELLAMY-WALKER, TATYANA // New York Amsterdam News;6/16/2016, Vol. 107 Issue 25, p40
The article reports on the arraignment against Thutmose Scott-Clark, an autistic teenager who punched a 62-year-old veteran bus driver in Brooklyn, New York City.
- Boston Official Orders Record Check For Bus Drivers. // Education Week;1/16/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the order of Superintendent of Schools Robert R. Spillane to review the school-bus and van drivers' records in response to the charges of the newspaper "Boston Globe" regarding Boston Public Schools drivers criminal records in Massachusetts. The superintendent stated that...
- IN OTHER NEWS. // Missoula Independent;5/29/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p12
The article offers news briefs worldwide. Five members of a gang from Liverpool, England were arrested for burglary at a clothing store. School bus driver Joseph Beauzile was beaten by parents for not letting the students out the vehicle immediately in West Palm Beach, Florida. More than 100...
- Seattle shooting ignites debate on bulletproof buses. Prall, Derek // American City & County Exclusive Insight;8/21/2013, p3
The article reports on the shooting of a bus driver in King's County, Washington that reignited a debate over using bulletproof glass on public transportation vehicles. Problems about being claustrophobic, reduced ventilation and air circulation are raised by the Amalgamated Transit Union. Also...
- CHINA:. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/28/2014, pA02
CHINA:A school-bus driver was arrested in a crash that killed 8 and hurt 32. Bad brakes were blamed.
- Off the buses. // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb2008, Issue 408, p15
The article reports on conflict between the Iranian government and the Syndicate of Workers of Tehran and Suburbs Bus Company (Sherkat-e Vahed) labor union of Tehran. It is reported that Sherkat-e Vahed, which was founded in 1968, reformed in 2003 after government intervention caused the group...
- LA Bus Driver Assaulted and Called 'Terrorist'. // India -- West;1/22/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 10, pA23
No abstract available.
- Sudden city bus strike hits citizens. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/31/2013, p1
The article reports on the impact of the bus strike in Guwahati, India to commuters. It says that city bus workers conduct protests demanding an immediate action to the alleged assault to bus driver Abdul Hussain by a home guard on August 30, 2013. Comment from Anand Prakash Tiwari, senior...