Experts hit out at test `cowboys'
- How compatible are you? Donahue, Eileen; Harary, Keith // Psychology Today;Sep92, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p70
Part III. Presents the 30-minute (or less) PT/Berkeley Personality Profile: Transpersonal Selves. Opportunity to compare how a person sees himself; Perception by partner; Reflective of normal variations in style; Not representative of failings or weaknesses; Includes scorecards for two;...
- On not reinventing the wheel: A clinical perspective on culturally relevant test usage in South... Shuttleworth-Jordan, Ann B. // South African Journal of Psychology;Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p96
Examines the viability of the use of standard cognitive tests for clinical purposes to address the issue of culturally relevant test usage in the multicultural South African context. Racial differences; Socio-cultural differences; Case analyses; Verbal fluency.
- Three testing goliaths. E.E.S. // Inc.;Feb92, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p104
Lists the three largest test publishers: Reid Psychological Systems. the Stanton Gorp., and London House. Test, phone number and cost per test.
- Many numbers. Haddad, Albert // New Scientist;5/1/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1871, p48
Presents a mathematical problem for the readers. Prize; Address.
- Is what you see what you get? // Current Science;11/29/91, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p8
Presents five psychological puzzles taken from Mindworks, a new traveling psychology exhibit partly sponsored by the American Psychological Association and now showing at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, Canada. Blind spots; Color blindness test; Long- and short-term memory; Ambiguous...
- Uses and interpretations of scores on the BASIS-A Inventory. Curlette, William L.; Kern, Roy M. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p95
Discusses the use of the Basic Adlerian Scales for Interpersonal Success-Adult Form (BASIS-A) Inventory, a psychological instrument designed to understand a person's life-style. Facilitation of the counseling session; Supervision of counselors in training; Insights for clinical interpretation;...
- The abbreviated mental test: Its use and validity. Jitapunkul, S.; Pillay, I. // Age & Ageing;Sep91, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p332
Presents the validity of the Abbreviated Mental Test which was demonstrated by comparison with final clinical diagnoses in a consecutive sample of 168 patients admitted with acute illness to a department of health care of the elderly. Introduction; Methods; Results; AMT score; Discussion;...
- Psychological tests: Inside insight. Spragins, Ellyn E. // Inc.;Jan93, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p34
Tells how Matt Hession of Key Medical Supply and Key Nursing and John Zitzner of Bradley Co., use psychological testing as a hiring aid. Hession uses the test as a hiring aid to check for a mismatch of personality elements and to improve his self-knowledge. Zitzner uses 16 PF to evaluate...
- Utility of the Hobby WISC-R Split-half Short Form for children and adolescents with severe head... Hooper, Stephen R.; Roof, Kreig D. // Psychological Reports;Apr93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p371
Investigates the utility of the Hobby WISC-R Split-half Short Form in a sample of children and adolescents with documented closed-head injuries. Review of related literatures; Comparison of the scores between the WISC-R and the Split-half Short Form; Reliability in assessing the level of...