Business leaders set out radical agenda
- Technology and Public Policy. // Futurist;Sep/Oct88, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p46
Reports the Commission on Science, Technology, and Government, a commission established by Carnegie Corporation, will study how government incorporates scientific and technological knowledge into policy making. Goal of the commission, noting their desire to see governments incorporate scientific...
- Is the public utility concept obsolete? Miller, Edythe S. // Land Economics;Aug95, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p85
Public utility regulation is a uniquely American structural innovation, and has evoked ambivalence on the part of the public, and more particularly the economics profession, over the years. Almost from the time of its inception, divers voices have sounded its death knell. While many of the early...
- NYSEG combats Public Service Commission's policy. Duffett, Claire // Business Journal (Central New York);11/11/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p13
The article reports that the New York State Electric & Gas Corp. officials contend that the endorsement of unregulated energy-service companies (ESCO) the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) is motivated by a desire to eliminate regulated utilities. The PSC instituted the Competitive...
- Big decision? Set up a commision. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/96, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p1
Presents information on the use of blue ribbon commissions by politicians to avoid dealing with serious issues. Comments from Donald F. Kettl, director of the public affairs institute at the University of Wisconsin at Madison; Power capabilities of these commissions; Origin of the use of...
- Notes. // Industrial Geographer;Spring2005, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p92
Reports on the affiliation of "Industrial Geographer" with the Commission of Economic Spaces of the International Geographical Union.
- Wis. hospitals fight proposals. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;5/27/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p14
Reports the opposition of hospitals on the legislation regulating inpatient rates and construction of medical centers in Wisconsin. Accounts on the provisions proposed by legislators; Role of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission in approving hospital price increases; Comment of Wisconsin...
- Tennessee PSC being phased out. // Overdrive;Jul95, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p104
Reports on the phase out of the Tennessee Public Service Commission (PSC). Efforts of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) lawsuit; Factors.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION OF MASSACHUSETTS. Eastman, J.B. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug13, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p699
Discusses the chief features of public service commission in Massachusetts. Salaries of the commissioners; Jurisdiction of the commissioners; Interstate commerce.
- Bill Would Create Privacy Commission. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/3/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p34
Reports on a legislation to create a bipartisan commission on privacy in the United States. Privacy issues on financial information, medical records and computer networks; Provisions of the bill.