Target practice needed
- UK meets the challenge of a highly qualified workforce. // Adults Learning;Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p246
Reports on a study by the National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets which collaborates Great Britain's target for higher-level skills. Availability of the report `The Target for Higher Level Skills in an International Context,' by N. Jagger, S. Morris and R. Pearson on the...
- Target changes imminent. // People Management;3/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p17
Reports that the Great Britain National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets is considering feedbacks from companies and employer bodies over changes in training to target.
- Exam success masks shortage of key skills. Merrick, Neil // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p14
Reports that the British government will publish a consultation paper in response to a warning by the National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets (Nacett) about the national training targets. Plans of the government to consult employers and training providers; Targets which the...
- Partners in learning. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p10
Reports on partnerships between educational institutions and businesses for business education. George Washington University's college degrees in human resources development (HRD); College credit for training program participants at the Development Dimensions International; Management Education...
- Education blueprint unveiled at forum. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the unveiling of Ohio's education blueprint. Formation of a blue ribbon entity called the Business Education Network; Agenda of boosting graduation rates; Training efforts for work-related education to fit employers needs.
- Bridging the education gap. Strugatch, Warren // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/11/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p1B
Focuses on the need for enhancing the relationship between schools and the business sector in Long Island, New York. Factors influencing the gap between schools and the industry; Importance of orienting students to the business world; Effectiveness of mentoring programs in schools;...
- Industry as a cog inside the education machine. Warwick, David // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p39
Argues on the involvement of industries on education in United Kingdom. Significance and implication of the relationship between business and education; List of companies that have been working to implement long term change in education.
- A Sino-Western education for business executives. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;May95, p71
Focuses on the business education programs in China to be launched by two Western companies in cooperation with leading Chinese organizations. Features of the programs; Companies involved; Scheduled date of the programs.
- An unfortunate mistake... Handy, Charles // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
Presents a look at business education. Value of a MBA (Masters of Business Administration); Business studies as a prerequisite for many careers.