Blue Circle deal sets job security in stone
- Blue Circle expands lime facility. // Pit & Quarry;Dec96, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the modernization and expansion project at Blue Circle Cement Co.'s lime production plant in Calera, Alabama. Increase of annual plant capacity; Manufacture of Type S hydrated lime.
- Howdy y'all From Blue Circle. Ransley, Norman // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov97, p13
Focuses on the Blue Circle Cement company's Web site and the Education-Business Partnership Centre run in conjunction with the Suffolk Educational Business Partnership. Details on the Blue Circle's Global Schools Network; Why Blue Circle is working closely with local school.
- Jumping through hoops to make cement acceptable. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1998, p12
Focuses on how Blue Circle company persuaded the people in Kent, England on the environment safety of the cement factory it will create. Cost of constructing the cement plant; Studies made by the company to ensure that the plant is environmentally safe.
- Blue Circle expands Alabama plant. // Pit & Quarry;Jan2000, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the plans of Blue Circle Cement to expand its cement manufacturing plant in Calera, Alabama in 2000. Value of the planned investment for the plant; Production technology to be utilized by the plant; Factor that prompted the company's move.
- Blue Circle's cement tankers take the train. // Professional Engineering;10/2/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the Blue Circle's conduct of a test in which road-going cement tankers and trailers will be loaded on to specially designed rail wagons and transported throughout Great Britain by rail. Significance of the test on the transportation of other bulk powder products and liquids; Blue...
- Blue Circle make a tip an asset. Ransley, Norman // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1996, p12
Reports on Blue Circle's redevelopment of a redundant warehouse in Suffolk, England into a fully-equipped field study center. Results of the competition among local primary schools to landscape the grassland.
- Cement prices to rise again. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb95, p3
Reports on the expected price increase of Blue Circle and Castle Cement by March 1, 1996. Price increase per ton; Reasons behind the increase.
- Mastercrete helps speed things up. Ransley, Norman // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1995, p14
Reports on the record set by Gary Lovegrove in bricklaying at the Buildex exhibition using Blue Circle's Mastercrete product.
- It's all part of the mix. Ransley, Norman // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun95, p12
Cites Chandlers Building Supplies as the first merchants to take Blue Circle's Mastercrete cement into stock in 1994. Sales of the product by Chandlers' Ringmer branch.