Teacher retirement row
- Teacher retirement fund gets governor's attention. Keller, Bess // Education Week;02/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p13
Reports on West Virginia Governor Cecil H. Underwood's underscoring of the state's fiscal limits by opposing a pay raise for school employees in 1997 in favor of new money to shore up the teacher-retirement system.
- Resources. Cohen, Marc J. // Educational Leadership;Oct93, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p87
Reports on `Graying Teachers,' which deals with retirement issues for teachers. Development of teaching as a career; Retirement programs for all fifty states; Early retirement incentive plans; Crucial issues affecting teacher retirement.
- Transitions. // NEA Today;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p27
Focuses on the preparations of teachers in the United States for retirement. Continued involvement in education within the community; Formation of network with other retired teachers; Financial preparations.
- The urban agenda. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;09/18/97, Vol. 88 Issue 38, p5
Opinion. States that schools benefit more from teachers who have had years of experience. Reason such teachers are best suited for the school system; Examination of loss of experienced teachers due to early retirement incentive offers; Speculation on this leading to understaffing of schools;...
- Grand Saline ISD Announces Retirement Reception. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);4/12/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 15, p3
The article announces the retirement reception for superintendent of schools Gerald Gilbert, first grade teachers Carolyn Elliott and Carol Ann Davis , and second grade teacher Jeanne Shively at Grand Saline High School , Grand Saline, Texas on April 15, 2007.
- It's time to leave the world of work. WRIGHT JR., ED // West County Journal;3/6/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pA8
The author discusses his intention retire as teacher.
- HCRSP celebrate holidays. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/10/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
The article presents a photo of Hill County Retired School Personnel members in Texas.
- Financial group teaches teachers about retirement. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the formation of the Educator Planning Center, a service in Westchester County, New York designed to provide education programs on pre- and post-retirement issues for teachers. Contact information.
- Don't let the green grass fool you. // NEA Today;Dec94, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p27
Advises prospective teacher retirees. Proliferation of early retirement incentive programs (ERIPs); Deciding whether to accept or decline an early retirement offer; Social security; Federal COBRA law; Federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act. INSET: Two for retirement..