Recent legal decisions affect you
- Assistance for SMEs. Cameron, Alan; Massey, Claire // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p20
Examines the implications for small and medium-sized enterprises of the shift of the New Zealand government on business development objectives. Background of the government's policies on business development; Reason for the government's shift in policies.
- Payment disclosure. Morris, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p21
Reports on the white paper by the British government calling for companies to report how promptly they pay bills.
- Government regulation: Redux, redo or undo? // Corporate Detroit;Jan1995, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p50
Presents a discussion on the effect of business deregulation in the United States by the Republicans of the 104th Congress. Information on the panel members; Details of the discussion. INSET: The panel..
- Protectionism in Puerto Rico: The impact of the dealers'... Krumbein, Richard M. // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Winter93, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the impact of the Dealers' Contracts Law on multinational companies planning operations in Puerto Rico. Difficulties faced by the companies because of the law; Manufacturer freedom to contract under the act; Protective restrictions imposed by the act; Drafting distribution of the...
- Now, Corporate welfare. // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 83, p20
Reviews government aid to business. Companies benefiting from the outlay.
- Businesses plan to clean up with state trust. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/5/96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p4
Reports on developments related to government policy affecting business enterprises in Michigan as of February 5, 1996. Proposal to clean up Michigan's environmental problems; Duration of the initiative; Revenues earned from American India tribes' casino gambling.
- Separating rhetoric and reality. // Nation's Business;Apr94, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p79
No abstract available.
- The president's consistency problem. // Nation's Business;Mar96, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p72
Editorial. Comments on the inconsistency of business policies of United States President Bill Clinton. Statements in his 1996 State of the Union address; Insufficiency of Clinton's reassurance for American businesses; Clinton's challenge for Congress to impose less-intrusive federal presence...
- Retention program succeeds; BOCES eyes other projects. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/18/96-03/25/96, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the success of the business retention program launched in New York through the BOCES project. Pact with the Orange County Partnership to promote business retention; Plans to offer training in computer literacy in Middletown and an interactive entrepreneur computer game in Goshen;...
- Government happenings. // Las Vegas Business Press;01/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, The Business Voice p14
Presents news items related to government policy affecting business enterprises in Las Vegas, Nevada as of January 27, 1997.