Still on a winning streak
- PECO gets upgrade on West Amwell tower. Zanki, Tom // njbiz;11/11/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p2
The article reports that equipment on a 250-foot lattice tower in West Amwell Township in New Jersey has been upgraded by electric and natural gas utility Philadelphia Electric Company (PECO), with help from right of way, land man and site acquisition services provider CW Solutions, which worked...
- Philadelphia Electric Co. is modernizing hydro sites. Stein, Henry // Electric Light & Power;May93, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p25
Reports on Philadelphia Electric Co.'s (PECO) modernization of its Conowingo Hydroelectric Station and Muddy Run Pumped Storage Facility. Upgrading of generating units; Electronic control equipment.
- Plant shutdown forces changes in operations. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Mar93, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p112
Examines how the closure of Philadelphia Electric Co.'s nuclear power plant forced the company to re-evaluate its management-selection and -development process. How the company had grown complacent; How human resources (HR) was a catalyst for change; Start of Supervisory Development Academy;...
- PECO Launches New Mobile Optimized Website. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;9/13/2012, p2
The article reports that with Philadelphia Electric Co. (PECO) Smart Mobile On-the-Go, a new mobile optimized version of the PECO Web site, customers signed up for PECO's online convenience center can report outages, check service status and pay bills, and manage their account electronically.
- Waterwall replacement keeps vintage unit in service. Thomas, Jack; Dzedzy, Don // Power;Apr94, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p84
Focuses on Philadelphia Electric Co.'s rehabilitation project at its fossil-fueled powerplant south of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Alternatives for the boiler waterwalls; Recommendation for complete replacement; Asbestos abatement; Emphasis on safety. INSET: Employee concerns, incentives...
- Philadelphia, PENNSYLVANIA. // Advocate;6/24/86, Issue 449, p27
Reports on the allegation that Philadelphia Electric Co. has continually refused a request to include a pro-gay phrase in its advertisements. Argument of the utility on its right to deny requests.
- Darkness at Noon. // Time;6/16/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 24, p39
The article focuses on the 9-hour blackout in the Eastern part of the U.S. in June 1967. It notes that more than 13 million people, living in eastern Maryland, northern Delaware, three-quarters of New Jersey, and much of eastern Pennsylvania, were caught in the nation's second great power...
- Philadelphia Electric transformed. // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p42
Discusses Philadelphia Electric's change of its name to PECO Energy. How customers viewed Philadelphia Electric; Visual identity made to support the change; Criteria for selecting an appropriate name.
- PECO refurbishes dam hydro unit. // Electric Light & Power;Jan1994, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p18
Reports that the Philadelphia Electric Company moved a new turbine blade into place at its Conowingo Hydroelectric Station in the final phase of its turbine replacement project. Design and construction methods used for the turbine.