Fox makes caring its business
- Sticky wicket. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p106
Editorial. Deals with Fox's foreign ownership question. Effect of the controversy to the broadcast industry; Controversy between NBC and Fox.
- Fox gives battle cry for summer viewing. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p3
Reports that Fox unveiled an ambitious summer lineup with hopes of keeping network viewers from crossing over to cable in the United States. When the summer lineup was launched; Reaction of some rival networks executives; Arguments of these executives; Comments from Peter Roth, president for...
- Fox spinoff could launch other deals. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p19
Reports that businesses and acquisitions may be launched due to Fox Entertainment Group company's divesture of films and television assets. Percentage which the company plans on selling; Amount in cash flow expected to generate due to the divesture; Proposed launching of Fox New Channel.
- Fox finds suiters for Anastasia video push. // Brandweek;02/02/98, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p10
Presents information on the plans of the Fox company to push around the home video release of Anastasia with a jam. Estimated cost of the total marketing program; When the video will be released; Comments from Pat Wyatt.
- Untitled. // MediaWeek;8/2/93, Vol. 3 Issue 31, p5
Reports on Fox Inc.'s signing of retransmission consent deals with six cable operators. Cable operators with retransmission consent.
- Sharpie of the week:. August, Melissa; Elmer-DeWitt, Philip; al, et // Time;6/6/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p11
Says that although Fox chief Rupert Murdoch lured the NFL away from CBS, now 12 CBS, ABC and NBC affiliates are defecting to his upstart network.
- Fox looking for football talent. SC // Broadcasting & Cable;1/3/94, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p18
Reports on Fox Inc.'s search for a football broadcaster for its National Football Conference games. Prospective talents.
- FX launch delayed to June. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/3/94, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p42
Reports on Fox Inc.'s decision to defer launching of its basic cable network from March 1 to June 1, 1994. Carriage agreement negotiations with cable operators; Rerun daily programs; Program acquisitions.
- Fox renews key hours. Stroud, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;03/02/98, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the re-upping of the top-rated dramas `Melrose Place,' `Beverly Hills 90210,' and `Party of Five,' by Fox (Company) for $1.9 million apiece. Reference to the renewal of Columbia TriStar's `Party' for two seasons; Duration period of the renewal of these shows; Comments from Fox...