What's your opinion?
- All in the family. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/23/94, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p15
No abstract available.
- It ain't necessarily so. Hamilton, Joan; McManus, Reed // Sierra;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p44
Examines the impact of environmental regulations on jobs. A `mildly negative relationship'; No systematic studies support `the environmental-impact hypothesis'; Research by political scientist Stephen M. Meyer on impact of environmental regulations; State by state examinations; Percentage of...
- Mandated leave: small firms' nightmare. Bacas, Harry // Nation's Business;Aug87, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p32
Congressional proposals to require lengthy employee leaves for child-care or disability are provoking an outcry among small-business owners. Bills in the House & Senate are due to be acted on this fall.
- Proposed changes in safety rules. // Nation's Business;Jun92, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p86
Opposes the Comprehensive Occupational Safety and Health Reform Act currently being considered by Congress. How it would extensively alter workplace health and safety regulations; Need for a bill that would address necessary safety concerns as well as protect employer's legitimate interests.
- The unjustified absence of federal fraud protection in the labor market. Greenfield, Kent // Yale Law Journal;Dec97, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p715
Analyzes the implications of the absence of federal antifraud protection in the labor market of the United States. Comparison of the differences in the government antifraud protection in the capital and labor market; Examination of the possible justifications for the differences between the two...
- EEOC regulations on access to agency records. Murphy, B.S.; Barlow, W. // Personnel Journal;Sep91, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p30
Comments on two final rules published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) on June 28, 1991. Nondisclosure rules applicable to information collected under the Americans with Disabilities Act; Revision of regulations which implement the Privacy Act of 1974.
- A practical guide to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Barlow, W.; Epstein, E.Z. // Personnel Journal;Jun92, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p53
Offers a guide on how companies can comply with employment provisions of the new Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Compliance dates; Explanation of disability; Who are `qualified individuals with disabilities'; Determining position requirements and essential functions. INSET: Determining...
- Family leave bill wins approval. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Oct92, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p121
Reports that HR 2 and S 5, this year's compromise version of the national Family and Medical Leave Act, has been approved by the House and Senate conferees. Specifics of the bill.
- State/local government regulation of private sector employment. Murphy, B.S.; Barlow, W. // Personnel Journal;Nov91, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p32
Gives details on three recent decisions of the federal courts that restrict state and local governments from setting employment conditions for private sector employment. Specifics on the cases.