International paper says it's cutting 9,000 jobs to increase profitability
- A purchase in Purchase. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;11/8/93, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p30
Reports on the purchase of JB Papers Inc. of New Jersey by International Paper Co. Acquisition of JB by subsidiary ResourceNet International.
- New pact at International Paper. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb93, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p65
Reports that the International Paper Co. and Local 14 of the United Paperworkers and Local 246 of the International Brotherhood of Fireman and Oilers reached agreement on a one-year contract covering about 1,100 workers at the company's mill in Jay, Maine. Details of the contract; Vote to oust...
- Purchase company official `paper' sponsor of 1996 Olympic Games. Raimondi, Pamela // Westchester County Business Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p11
Reports that International Paper based in Purchase, New York has been chosen to as the official `paper, forest and specialty products' sponsor of the 1996 Olympic Games. Products to be used at the Olympic Games; Recycling of waste paper and corrugated containers discarded during the games.
- International closes 2 plants. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;10/13/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p3
Reports that International Paper Company announced its decision in October, 1997, to close two of its container plants in California. How employees at the two plants will be affected; Belief that the plant closures are part of International Paper's restructuring plan.
- Doug returns on International Paper side panels. // Dairy Field;May98, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p8
Details the success of International Paper Co.'s Doug side panel program. Role of the fictitious character Doug in the increase in milk consumption in the United States; Plan of the company to put together a second Doug program.
- Alerting families. // Dairy Field;May98, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p8
Describes International Paper Co.'s The Safe Song program, an educational program to keep children aware of the dangers of child abduction and child abuse.
- International Paper. // Dairy Foods;Mid-Oct97, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p78
Presents information on the integrated packaging system which International Paper and its Evergreen Packaging Equipment will be exhibiting at World Food Expo 1997. What the packaging materials are made from; Advantages of the packaging system.
- International Paper closes two box plants. // Pulp & Paper;Nov97, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p19
Reports on International Paper Co.'s (IP) consolidation of its box plant operations in California by closing two of its four container facilities. IP's plans to improve the company's financial performance; Location of the two container plants.
- International paper forms decorative products division. // Wood & Wood Products;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the International Paper Co.'s (IP) formation of a Decorative Products to serve the furniture, cabinet and woodworking industries. New division's merger with products manufactured by IP-owned companies; Evans Heath as vice president and general manager of the Decorative Products Division.
- IP intros new gravure shade. // American Printer;Apr94, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the development by International Paper Co. of a bluer white Hi Brite Roto gravure paper preferred by the Japanese magazine `Hanako.' Volume of coated paper used by the magazine per month; Magazine's paper quality requirement.