Executive is found not guilty after `Seinfeld' episode
- Harassment issues should be dealt with before they become problems. Capen, Karen // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p1577
Illustrates the evolution of sexual and other forms of harassment in the medical work environment. Awareness of physician employers that they may be held responsible for harassment of colleagues and employees; Need for employers to prevent the behavior and deal with it appropriately; Harassment...
- Supreme Court Helps Confuse Sexual Harassment Issues. Shanoff, Barry // World Wastes;Sep98, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p12
Reports on confusion concerning Supreme Court rulings on sexual harassment in the United States. Protection of employers from lawsuit; Litigation over the meaning of `reasonable care'; Omissions and deficiencies that businesses must omit.
- Clearing foggy EPL area. // Business Insurance;05/04/98, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p8
Opinion. Offers a look at employer liability in relation to sexual harassment by supervisors. Indepth look at this type of harassment from a legal perspective; Details on laws which act as guidelines for employer liability; Information on several sexual harassment Supreme Court cases in the...
- Confession key to harassment probe. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p22
Reports that in a sexual harassment complaint, confession is good for an employer's bottom line. Comments made by Alan Reiner, director of labor employment law for the Flemming Companies Incorporated; Who should employees contact when sexual harassment has occurred in a company; Identification...
- Sexual harassment in the office. Whitehead Jr, Roy; Spikes, Pam // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on sexual harassment in the office. Definition of sexual harassment in the office; Two kinds of sexual harassment claims; Employer defenses.
- The Supreme Court's decision on sexual harassment spells trouble for small businesses. // CPA Journal;Sep98, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the United States Supreme Court's decision on sexual harassment in the workplace. Potential effects to small business; Comments from business advisers on the court's ruling.
- Defining sexual harassment. Gregory, D.; Adams, T. // Essence (Essence);Mar1992, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p34
Provides a clear definition of sexual harassment, from the Civil Rights Act of 1964. How to order free pamphlets on the issue; `A Working Woman's Guide to Her Job Rights'; `Policy Guidance on Current Issues of Sexual Harassment'; `Facts About Sexual Harassment.'
- Sexual harassment. Allen, Bonnie // Essence (Essence);Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p96
Consideration of the options between surviving sexual harassment with job intact or finding yourself facing your employer in a courtroom. Included are tips for handling sexual harassment.
- What is Sexual Disturbance? Ellis, Albert // Humanist;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p45
Continues the author's views on sexual disturbance and constitutes the second part of his answer to a letter in the May/June 1992 issue of `The Humanist.' Sexual disturbance largely stems from three major kinds of absolutist demandingness; Self-demandingness; Demandingness in others;...
- Experts tell ways men can avoid sex harassment charges. Moore, T.S. // Jet;3/30/92, Vol. 81 Issue 23, p14
Presents advice from experts to men on steps men can take to avoid sexual harassment charges. Avoiding flattery in the office; Avoiding mixed signals; Meetings after hours; Stereotypical comments; Following rules of etiquette and decorum; How to determine if sexual harassment is occurring. ...