Teaching global change through environmental education
- Teaching the science of carbon capture and storage in Scottish secondary schools. Morgan, Catherine // Environmental Education;Summer2010, Vol. 94, p10
The article focuses on the environmental education programme by the Scottish Earth Science Education Forum (SESEF) in Scotland. It notes that the project aims to teach the science of carbon sequestration to secondary schools in Scotland, to address the concern for global environmental change in...
- Science: Global Change: Real or Imagined? ANDREWS, SANDRA; GANN, LINDA // School Library Monthly;Nov2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p56
The article presents a lesson plan for secondary education which teaches concepts about global environment change.
- Questioning geography. Kinder, Alan // Teaching Geography;Spring2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the making the government of Great Britain understand the importance of teaching Geography in schools. It states that the curriculum can be such that it develops interest in the minds of students and enhance their geographical thinking. It mentions that Geography can...
- Synthesis for the Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences: Integrating Systems Approaches and Service Learning. Simon, Gregory L.; Wee, Bryan Shao-Chang; Chin, Anne; Tindle, Amy Depierre; Guth, Dan; Mason, Hillary // Journal of College Science Teaching;May/Jun2013, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p42
As our understanding of complex environmental issues increases, institutions of higher education are evolving to develop new learning models that emphasize synthesis across disciplines, concepts, data, and methodologies. To this end, we argue for the implementation of environmental science...
- College students and faculty are helping refugees around the world. LADIKA, SUSAN // International Educator (1059-4221);Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the assistance given by college students and faculty to refugees. It says that online higher education is provided by a group of Jesuit colleges to refugee camp residents in Kenya and Malawi. It adds that a class on global environmental change is taught by professor Robin...
- Ecological Investigations Within an Interactive Plant Community Simulation. Duffy, Aaron M.; Wolf, Paul G.; Barrow, Jana; Longhurst, Max; Campbell, Todd // Science Scope;Apr/May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p42
The article discusses the use of interactive plant community simulations, particularly the Virtual Plant Community Simulation (VPCsim), to teach U.S. middle school students about ecology. It addresses the ability of students to explore the impact of environmental changes on plant communities,...
- Underlying Causes of Environmental Problems. Beckrich, Amanda // Science Teacher;Sep2013, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the relationship between human activity, wealth, and the environment, and suggests classroom activities and educational materials for teaching about environmental problems. The television documentary "World in the Balance," the environmental aspects of economic development,...
- Education that cannot wait Weilbacher, Mike // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr1991, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p28
No abstract available.
- Environmental education begins at home Wilbert, Felicia Libo // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr1991, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p50
No abstract available.