Tags: INTEREST rates
- Money growth variability and the yield spread in Japan. Lynch, Gerald J.; Ewing, Bradley T. // American Business Review;Jun98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p61
Examines the spread between short term and long term interest rates in Japan to determine if increased monetary instability leads to a wider yield spread. Link between inflation uncertainty and the term structure; Definition of the term interest rate `spread'; Most common cointegration procedures.
- CME has strong July, sets record for interest rate contract volume. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;08/20/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30213, p36
Details the revised totals for interest rate contract volume released by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange for August 19, 1997 for the state of Illinois. Straight futures on interest rates; Average daily volume for interest-rate futures.
- Interest rate indexes: 1996-97. // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p40A
Presents a chart reflecting interest rate indexes in the United States from 1996 through 1997. Municipal bond index; Weekly bond indexes; Short-term indexes; Volume; Yield to maturity.
- Explanation of the indexes. // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p40A
Presents an explanation on the interest rate indexes in the United States. Origin of the Bond Buyer Municipal bond index, weekly bond Indexes, revenue bond index and short-term indexes; Basis of the indexes; Composition of the indexes.
- Rate Futures Getting Interesting. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
The article predicts a possible cut in Mexican interest rate in 2011.
- Pricing Out Interest Rate Hikes. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
This article offers an outlook for interest rates in Mexico in 2011.
- Key rates. // American Banker;2/26/97, Vol. 162 Issue 38, p32
No abstract available.
- Key rates. // American Banker;05/12/97, Vol. 162 Issue 90, p28
Presents interest rates in the United States for the week of May 12, 1997.
- Plunge in interest rates suggests obit for refi boom is premature. Hornblass, Jonathan S. // American Banker;1/19/94, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the implications of the drop in mortgage rates on the refinance boom. Decrease in the 30-year and 15-year-fixed rates; Increase in the index of mortgage applications; Forecast on the loan volume's increase; Factor affecting the movement of mortgage rates.
- Comment. Schott, Frances H. // Business Economics;Apr97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p38
Opinion. Presents the author's observations that implant confusions on the issue with regards to the influence of interest rates on future economic activity.