Reel Librarians Don't Always Wear Buns
- Musings, Meanderings, and Monsters, Too: Essays on Academic Librarianship (Book). Shaw, James T.; Malinowski, Teresa // Serials Review;2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p169
Reviews the book "Musings, Meanderings, and Monsters, Too: Essays on Academic Librarianship," by Martin H. Raish.
- Musings, Mpanderings, and Monsters, Too: Essays on Academic Librarianship (Book). Hauptman, Robert; Zlatos, Christy // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p164
Reviews the book "Musings, Meanderings, and Monsters, Too: Essays on Academic Librarianship," edited by Martin H. Raish.
- AASL Tours. Makemson, Carroll // Knowledge Quest;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Highlights the American Association of School Librarians' tours in Kansas City, Missouri. 'Elementary Schools Demonstrate Approaches to Implementing Flexible Scheduling' tour; 'Suburban Elementary Schools Demonstrate Best Practices in Integrated Instruction' tour; 'Library Media Programming for...
- Praise for media specialists. Johnson, Doug // Technology Connection;Jun95, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p16
Enumerates several reasons for giving praise to media specialists.
- Ousted school librarians return. // American Libraries;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p876
Reports that librarians have returned to five elementary schools in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Threats that the schools would lose their accreditation because they had eliminated the positions; The sales tax passed in 1994.
- The school library media specialist as a member of the teaching team: `Insider' and `outsider'. Van Deusen, Jean Donham // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Spring96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p229
Studies the role played by a school library media specialist in the instructional planning process while working as part of teaching teams. Collaborative planning and teamwork; Group dynamics; Consulting role; Background on the setting; Data sources and methodology.
- The Solo Librarian. Church, Audrey; Reeve, Frances // Knowledge Quest;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editor discusses the various stories of solo school librarians in the U.S.
- Six little rules with big impact. Baumbach, Donna // Multimedia Schools;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p20
Presents suggestions from the author on ways to extend the life and improve the well-being of school library media specialists. Reference to these suggestions as Baumbach's Breathers; Benefits of laughter in the process.
- New school year's resolutions. Yucht, Alice H. // Library Talk;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p13
Suggests new year resolutions for school librarians. Improvement of personal productivity; Improvement of community connections; Preparation for management matters to prevent chaos.