Parents remain major influence on children's behavior well into their teen years: Study
- Parents Roles in Guiding Children's Educational, Religious, and Other Trajectories. Holden, George W.; Bayan, Duaa; Baruah, Jonali; Holland, Grant W. O. // Journal of Educational & Developmental Psychology;May2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p244
Although socialization efforts by parents have long been studied, the specific influence techniques parents adopt in promoting positive developmental trajectories have gone largely neglected by researchers. To investigate parental influence in supporting children's development in different...
- Mealtime conversations help kids communicate. // USA Today Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 124 Issue 2607, p3
Reports that mealtime conversation can be used as a means of enhancing conversation in children. Citation of study of children of low-income families; Suggestions of four ways parents can enhance mealtime conversation of preschoolers.
- Many '90s families seek quality and quantity time. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;4/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 102, p12
Talks about the problem of taking time-off by working parents for their children. Time schedules and programmed activities; Best way of spending free time. INSET: Seven tips for finding and preserving family time..
- Father bonding. Kleiner, Ellen // Mothering;Summer91, Issue 60, p97
Shares the study on how young children respond to strangers, depending on whether the child is with a mother or father. Indications of variance in social behaviors; Stereotypes projected by the media which are harmful to children.
- Parents face trial by public humiliation. Mathis, Deborah // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/4/95, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p7C
Opinion. Looks at child-rearing could be embarrassing for new parents. Possible incidents; Problems; Solutions.
- Things That Will Happen This Summer. // Parenting Early Years;Jul2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p120
The article presents the author's insights regarding the top 10 things to expect during summer including questions from children on when the school days will end, husbands losing their beach towels, and questions from children on when the next summer will begin.
- Parenting a teen. // Christian Science Monitor;9/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 209, p20
Opinion. Discusses the results of a study which found that parents' expectations for their high school age children have a powerful influence on them. The example of Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton with their daughter Chelsea; How a parent's love impacts the likelihood of a child doing well in...
- Parenting on the go. Nurss, Sally; Kelly, Rebecca // Ladybug;Jun95, Vol. 5 Issue 10, Ladybug for Parents p1
Discusses child care and time management tips for busy parents. Inevitability of chores; Routine combination of chores and children; Including children in chores.
- Study Finds No Disadvantages for Children in Lesbian Homes. Predrag, S. // Lesbian News;Feb2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p18
Reports the research about the social skills and school achievements of children raised by lesbian parents. Comparison on the social life of children of heterosexual or single parents; Negative attitudes of society towards homosexuality; Family relationship of children with their lesbian parents.