Preventing AIDS by targeting other STDs
- Social Norms for Condom Use: Implications for HIV Prevention Interventions of a KABP Survey with Heterosexuals in the Eastern Caribbean. Fishbein, Martin; Middlestadt, Susan E. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p292
Shows how questions in the Knowledge, Attitude, Belief, & Practices (KABP) survey can be used to tap theoretical constructs regarding the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). KABP survey on whether or not people use condoms; Cues to action; Beliefs about condom use; Implications for...
- Encouraging Discussion with Partners and Building Negotiation Skills: HIV Prevention Strategies for Women in Relationships in Brazil, Tanzania and Indonesia. Middlestadt, Susan E. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p297
Discusses results from a Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) research and intervention project being conducted in Brazil, Tanzania and Indonesia. Benefits of discussing risk of HIV infection; Negative consequences; Strategies for increasing dialogue; Challenges of applying consumer research...
- Media Magic: The Use of Media Monitoring Methodology to Develop AIDS Education Interventions. Schechter, Carol; Middlestatdt, Susan E. // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p302
Discusses issues involved in developing a media monitoring system to help program planners include an assessment of the AIDS media environment. Media monitoring as a tool in the development of AIDS education program; AIDS Communication Support Project; Center for Disease Control's National AIDS...
- New HIV/AIDS strategy launched. // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p7
Reports on AIDS education and prevention efforts of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy in Australia. Comments from Michael Woolridge, Minister of Health; Inclusion of blood-borne diseases in the strategy; Expansion of the National HIV Reference Laboratory.
- Norway to Rwanda. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;10/14/86, Issue 457, p23
Reports efforts of the Norwegian Red Cross to develop an education program to prevent the spread of AIDS in Rwanda. Mortality rates from bacterial infections and malaria; Distribution of brochures about AIDS prevention.
- LESBIANS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST AIDS. Byron, Peg // Advocate;10/14/86, Issue 457, p48
Discusses the participation of lesbians in the battle against AIDS in the United States. Growth in AIDS awareness in communities; Unacknowledgement of lesbian participation; Problem of sexism.
- NEWSFRONT: SOUTH CAROLINA. // Advocate;7/7/87, Issue 476, p17
Reports that state crime laboratory chemists and state law enforcement agents investigating violent crimes in South Carolina are being provided with full-body garments resembling space suits in order to protect them from contracting AIDS.
- NEWSFRONT: INTERNATIONAL. // Advocate;7/7/87, Issue 476, p17
Reports on Nicaragua health ministry's launch of an AIDS education program.
- Calendar: LOS ANGELES. // Advocate;4/12/88, Issue 496, Special Section p9
Reports that the Philip Mendelker AIDS Prevention Clinic is providing medical evaluation, health education and AIDS information at the Gay and Lesbian Community Services Center in Los Angeles, California.
- Employers confront AIDS in Africa. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;7/23/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p15
Reports the AIDS prevention campaigns implemented by United States-based corporations with operations in Africa. Identification of Chevron Corp., Ford Motor Co., and Coca Cola Co. as the companies which implemented the campaigns; Preventive measures taken by the companies; Promotion of condom...