Uranium sales to Indonesia
- Teaching about Australia's regional role. Tudehope, Helen // Viewpoints;Jun94, Issue 2, p4
Outlines activities and provides samples and resources on teaching about Australia's regional role. Images; Instant words; Individual countries; Maps; Cartoons and surveys.
- CAT 2 essay--applying grade criteria. Gordon, Sue // Viewpoints;Jun94, Issue 2, p5
Lists possible topics on Australia's regional role. Use of sources as evidence to support arguments and conclusions; Writing conventions; Exploration of future possibilities for Australia's role in the region; Overall coherence of answer. INSET: Museum of Victoria..
- Australia's Future in the Global Context. Pettman, Jan; Fesl, Eve // Social Alternatives;Jul90, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p33
Discusses the future of Australia in the global context. Dependence of the country's own future and its place in the region on relationships and connections; Linkage of Australia with global processes which cannot be contained within neat national boundaries; Race and racism as social constructs.
- Australia and Indonesia: From a `managed' relationship to mutual interests. Cribb, Robert // Australia & World Affairs;Winter94, Issue 21, p26
Focuses on the relationship between Australian and Indonesia. Similarities between the two countries; Impact of World War II on the relations between the two countries; Initial Australian efforts to manage its relations with Indonesia based on the assumption that Indonesia was a powerful and...
- The surprise treaty. Carr, Christopher // IPA Review;1996, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p22
Looks at the questions raised by Australia's treaty with Indonesia on the process concerning the process of treaty-making. Manner in which the agreement was negotiated; Manner in which the agreement was announced; Treaty's relationship with existing defense arrangements.
- Australia reviews foreign policy priorities. Purnell, Leigh // Asian Business Review;Nov96, p66
Focuses on Australia's foreign policy priorities. Basis for bilateral cooperation; Importance of Australia's future to the Asian region.
- Why Asia needs Australia. Patience, Allan // Quadrant Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p21
Discusses relations between Asia and Australia. Why Australia should improve relations with Asia; Information on Asia; Debate surrounding Australia's need for Asia; Assessment of Australia's cultural diplomacy in Asia.
- AUSTRALIA AND THE WORLD. Hill, Valerie // Australia (9781590842089);1998, p28
Australia has developed strong relations with the rest of the world through fast air travel, satellite communications, mobile phone service, faxes and internet. Its foreign policies include guarding against the spread of nuclear weapons and working towards world peace.
- A leap into the unknown. Schulz, Dennis // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/5/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5986, p34
Focuses on the Indonesian-Australian joint air exercises. Similarity in airborne exercises between the two nations; Cooperation between the two to secure the region; Preparations for the joint operation.