- Texas contract brings busy bidding. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;5/12/97, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p12
Reports that in Texas the Allen City Council has awarded a five-year contract for waste collection to Dallas-based Community Waste Disposal Incorporated. Value of the contract; When Community Waste Disposal will begin its weekly pickup; Number of franchises Community Waste Disposal has.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Med/Waste Inc. has acquired medical waste companies to expand its customer base and improve its market dominance.
- Sold. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;04/06/98, Vol. 3 Issue 47, p21
Focuses on the acquisition of Medwaste Incorporated by Med/Waste Incorporated. Details on the acquisition; Comments from Med/Waste President and Chief Executive Officer, Daniel A. Stauber; Estimated amount of money which Med/Waste generated in revenue in 1997 in comparison to 1996.
- Small companies keep pace, thrive. Gynn, Ann M. // Waste News;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p23
Describes how small hauling and disposal companies in the United States and Canada cope with competition and remain successful. Firms' efforts to remain independent and refuse buyout offers; Good relationships with employees and customers; Community Waste Disposal's operations.
- New start. Bryce, Robert // Waste News;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p13
Features the curbside recycling program in Dallas, Texas. Number of households covered by the program; Awarding of the contract to Community Waste Disposal Inc.; Media campaign of Community Waste Disposal to raise citizen awareness.
- Re-opening. // World Wastes;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p16
Reports on Med/Waste Inc.'s receipt of approval from the South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control to reopen its waste incineration facility in Hampton.
- Industry News. // BioCycle;Jun2000, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p87
Presents news briefs from the recycling industry as of June 2000. Installation and management of anaerobic wastewater pretreatment systems for food and beverage processors by Newbio Inc.; Curbside recycling collection in Dallas, Texas by Community Waste Disposal Inc.
- Dallas hauler assumes city recycling program. Truini, Joe // Waste News;04/10/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p4
Reports that the City of Dallas, Texas has awarded its curbside recycling program to Community Waste Disposal Inc. Weekly collection of household waste; Monthly fee paid by the city per household; Average monthly tons collected; Company's budget for public education.
- Update. Lasoff, Melanie A. // Waste Age;Feb2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p28
Reports on Community Waste Disposal Inc.'s participation in the city of Euless, Texas' Christmas parade to raise recycling awareness. Features of the truck used by the company during the parade; Community Waste's claims on the effort's effectiveness in increasing recycling activity in the city.