Adults recovered from stuttering without formal treatment: Perceptual assessment of speech normalcy
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Fall90, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p446
Presents an abstract of the article `An Investigation into the Relationship Between Anxiety and Stuttering,' by A. Craig, published in the `Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders.' Anxiety's impact on stuttering.
- The effects of life stressors and daily stressors on stuttering. Blood, Ingrid M.; Wertz, Heidi // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb1997, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p134
Studies the effect of perceived daily stress on subjective and objective measures of disfluencies in adults who stutter. Relationships of various stresses and stuttering; Role of daily stress on the occurrence and amount of disfluency; Discussion on the implications for treatment involving...
- Responses to "Walled Off" Green, Kimball; Floyd, Lane N.; Zimmerman, Susan; Mcknight, Kelli; Gottwald, Sheryl R.; Montgomery, Allen; Hoeft, Michael; Mumy, Ana Paula G.; Johnson, Gerald; Kaye, Lisa B.; Schuele, C. Melanie; Boone, Daniel R.; Davis, Michael; Dubosky, Susan; Wainwright, Nancy Ruth; Pavelle, Deborah // ASHA Leader;10/30/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p2
The article presents responses to the editor-in-chief's article "Walled Off," which describes the perils of growing up in rural Maine in a family living with stuttering, in the September 2012 issue.
- Stuttering and Speaking a Second Language. Reese, Pam Britton // ASHA Leader;Feb2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
A letter to the editor in response to an article about the similarities between people who stutter and people who learn a second language is presented.
- Perspectives on the Effects of Stuttering on the Formation and Maintenance of Intimate Relationships. Linn, Gerard W.; Caruso, Anthony J. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep98, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p12
Provides information on a study on perspectives on the effects of stuttering on the formation and maintenance of intimate relationships. Background on stuttering; Background on intimate relationships; Summary and conclusion.
- Troubled by Stuttering Article. Fraser, Jane // ASHA Leader;Aug2014, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Back From the Brink" on stuttering and suicide in the May 2014 issue.
- Perceptions About Occupational Experiences by People Who Stutter. Palasik, Scott; Gabel, Rodney; Hughes, Charles; Rusnak, Emily // Perspectives on Fluency & Fluency Disorders;May2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p22
We explored the perceptions about work experiences and discrimination that people who stutter (PWS) report. A total of 184 PWS responded to a paper and pencil or an online version of a questionnaire that included 13 Likert-type scale and demographics questions. Of the respondents, 68 completed a...
- What Makes a Clinician? Silverman, Ellen-Marie // ASHA Leader;12/18/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p2
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the phenomenol response to the article "Walled Off" by Gary Dunham in the September 18, 2012 issue.
- More on Stuttering and Suicide. Cobb, Cindy // ASHA Leader;Oct2014, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Troubled by Stuttering Article" by Jane Fraser in the August 2014 issue.