Syntactic complexity, fluency, and accuracy of sentence imitation in adolescents
- Personal quirks can drive in-laws nuts. // Prairie Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 185 Issue 1, p80
The article offers insights from farming experts in the U.S. regarding the stuttering habit of a farmer and health insurance.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;Apr2015, Vol. 1548 Issue 1, p231
The article presents a case study of a 21-year-old man with behavioural disorder associated with mental retardation, who developed stuttering after treatment with risperidone antipsychotic drug.
- The Impact of a Stuttering Disorder on Western Australian Children and Adolescents. Beilby, Janet M.; Byrnes, Michelle L.; Yaruss, J. Scott // Perspectives on Fluency & Fluency Disorders;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p51
In this study, we examined the impact of a stuttering disorder on children (n=50) and adolescents (n=45) living in Western Australia. We compared the reactions and experiences of children and adolescents who stutter to children and adolescents who do not stutter. We compared the participants who...
- Coordination of Oral and Laryngeal Movements in the Perceptually Fluent Speech of Adults Who Stutter. Max, Ludo; Gracco, Vincent L. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2005, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p524
This work investigated whether stuttering and nonstuttering adults differ in the coordination of oral and laryngeal movements during the production of perceptually fluent speech. This question was addressed by completing correlation analyses that extended previous acoustic studies by others as...
- Paperboy. CARTER, BETTY // Horn Book Magazine;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p149
The article reviews the book "Paperboy," by Vince Vawter.
- Global teenspeak. Chaddock, Gail Russell; Hasegawa, Miharu // Christian Science Monitor;6/25/96, Vol. 88 Issue 147, p16
Part one. Presents a glossary of terms for teenagers. Includes cool; Pourra; Space; Mortel. INSET: Now it's your turn..
- Resting-State Brain Activity in Adult Males Who Stutter. Yun Xuan; Chun Meng; Yanhui Yang; Chaozhe Zhu; Liang Wang; Qian Yan; Chunlan Lin; Chunshui Yu // PLoS ONE;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Although developmental stuttering has been extensively studied with structural and task-based functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), few studies have focused on resting-state brain activity in this disorder. We investigated restingstate brain activity of stuttering subjects by analyzing...
- O tratamento do comportamento de gaguejar e o relacionamento terapeuta-cliente: Um estudo de caso. da Silva Candido Dias, Thiago Corrêa; Alves, Cristiane; Vandenberghe, Luc // Acta Comportamentalia;2014, p352
The present article describes a 25-year-old adult's stuttering in the context of specific aspects of his learning history and of interpersonal situations with which he deals in his daily life. Both the client's daily life speech problems and the treatment process itself were analyzed in relation...
- When Words Do Not Get Out. Page, Clarence // Caribbean Business;6/17/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p32
The author reflects on the essence of being the recipient of the American Institute for Stuttering leadership award. He claims that at first he was hesitant to receive the award, but having it made him feel proud to be a stutterer. He mentions previous honorees which included U.S. Vice President...