The final road trip
- Trends. // Waste News;09/29/97, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p1
Presents information on the United States automobile recycling rates.
- A design for green scrap. // Design Engineering;Mar1998, p9
Details the move of the British government to increase the recycling percentage of automobile scraps. Voluntary agreement of car manufacturer to improve recycling methods; Measures being proposed in a European Community (EC) draft.
- Green Vs. Green. Kachadourian, Gail; Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;Oct99, Vol. 179 Issue 10, p41
Discusses the disparities between what automakers and auto suppliers claim is recyclable and what is actually recycled of the parts of automobile at the end of its life. Reasons for the disparities; Hindrance that delay the achievement of a total recyclable vehicle; Information on recyclable...
- Auto recycling: Old idea gets global boost. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/08/96, Vol. 14 Issue 15, pB-4
Reports on the global efforts on automobile recycling. Plan to manufacture a recyclable vehicle; Distinction between automotive recycling and junkyard trading; Goal of auto recycling; Continued research conducted by the auto recycling industry to reduce non-recyclable materials in automobiles;...
- Environment. // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the recycling program for automobiles in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Scrap cars come to the rescue. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The photograph presented herein depicts a fire service drill involving a recycled car provided by Sims.
- Europe to enforce auto recycling. // Chemical Week;12/11/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the European Commission's introduction of a directive on automobile recycling with a legal requirement to recycle 95 percent of all components, including plastics. Passing of directive to the European Parliament and Court in 1997 to 1998 with a view to implementation by the year 2002.
- Auto recycling lures SMC industry official. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;11/10/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p11
States that automakers interested in global consistency in car models may encourage recycling efforts in the sheet molding compound (SMC) industry. Comments form Jack Simmons, marketing manager for R.J. Marshall Company; Reference to the German loop recycling law; Development of...
- The last road. Cortez, John P. // AutoWeek;1/15/96, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the automobile recycling process. Shredding of junk automobiles at the shredders of Padnos Iron & Metal Co. in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Compression of junk cars in the Padnos shredder for easy transport; Features of the Veneklasen Auto Parts; Environmental Car Recycling in Scandinavia...