A kick in the glass or potential profit?
- Boosting glass recovery rates. // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p8
Presents simple modifications to recycling systems effective in boosting glass recovery rates in a study conducted by the Glass Packaging Institute and the Solid Waste Association of North America. Techniques used; Approximate cost of modifications; Percentage of decrease in rates of glass residue.
- Glass recycling continues to grow. // USA Today Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 122 Issue 2579, p13
Reports on the increasing trend in the glass industry's commitment to create a substantial recycling infrastructure nationwide. 33 percent recycling rate reflecting what manufacturers are actually recycling; Efforts undertaken by glass manufacturers to educate municipalities and waste haulers...
- Glass plant seeks bond. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p16
States that Lake County officials in Indiana, are considering an $8 million bond issue to provide financial support for Futuristic Tile, a company which recycles glass. Information on what the money will be used for; Details on some of the services launched by the company; Reference to the...
- Recyclers seek new avenues for glass. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;05/19/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p28
Details the impact of difficulties associated with recycling glass containers, on the container industry and recyclers in the United States. Views of Kevin Hardie of the Glass Packaging Institute; Efforts of recyclers to adapt to increasing educational challenges in the glass industry;...
- Tempe to add glass. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;08/25/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p11
Reports that following negotiations between Waste Management Incorporated of Tempe, Arizona and the city of Phoenix, curbside glass recycling has resumed in Tempe. Reference to Waste Management's CRIncorporated's recycling facility in Phoenix; Information on recycling in Tempe.
- GDS, Inc.'s glass recycling division goes the extra mile for quality Thoresen, Christina // Waste Age;Feb1994, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p77
No abstract available.
- Noncontainer uses for glass cullet. // BioCycle;Aug96, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the Dane County, Wisconsin Department of Public Work has put together a remarkable list of noncontainer uses for glass cullet.
- N.Y. county to try recycling glass. // Waste News;06/02/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p6
Reports that Saratoga County, New York, has obtained a federal grant from the Municipal Waste Reduction and Recycling Assistance Program, to complete a glass recycling project. Details on the proposed glass recycling project; Value of the project; Comments by Saratoga County Administrator David...
- GLASS RECYCLING AHEAD OF GAME. // Food Manufacture;Sep2002, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the increase of glass recycling in Great Britain. Improvement of infrastructure and educating the consumers; Campaign of Glasspac, the packaging promotions arm of the British Glass in recycling of glass; Admission of Glasspac in the presence of problems surrounding the recycling...