Processing of a different sort
- BFI planning expansion in Tenn. Hange, Christina G. // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p23
Reports on plans of Browning-Ferris Industries (BFI) Incorporated to expand its Millington, Tennessee landfill. Details of the planned expansion; Possible cost of the expansion; Comments from Rob Owen, district vice president for BFI.
- Smooth sailing near windy city. Hayhurst, Tracy // Waste News;06/07/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the initial operation of a new trash transfer station owned by Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. (BFI) in Chicago, Illinois, on March 10, 1999. Temporary shortage of transfer trailers; Admission by BFI that it violated its local operating agreement when it received more that the...
- BFI offers cash for support. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the decision of Browning-Ferris Industries (BFI) Incorporated to offer nearby residents in the area of its Bigfoot Run Landfill in Morrow, Ohio a financial incentive if they support an expansion of the landfill. Details of the proposed expansion plans of the landfill; Information on...
- Burrtec files lawsuit to halt MRF construction. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;01/08/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p14
Reports on Burrtec Waste Industries Inc.'s filing of a lawsuit against the city of Colton, California, to stop Taormina Industries Inc. from building a material recovery facility and transfer station in the city. Claims of Burrtec in the lawsuit; Hearings conducted to address issues related to...
- PUERTO RICO'S LARGEST WASTE DISPOSAL FIRMS. // Caribbean Business;4/22/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p59
Ranks the largest waste disposal firms in Puerto Rico according to total dollar value of 2003 contracts. Top position taken by Browning-Ferris Industries of P.R. Inc.; Number of full-time employees; Year established in Puerto Rico; Services provided; Top executive.
- BFI's safety program payback. Swartz, Nikki // World Wastes;May98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p20
Discusses the payoffs of Browning-Ferris Industries Inc.'s safety program. Focus of programs for customers, employees and communities the company serves; Savings from potential lawsuits by implementing the programs; Mechanics and objectives of the initiative called `SafeAmerica.' INSET: Safely...
- BFI truck, train collide in Arkansas. // Waste News;02/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p6
No abstract available.
- BFI reports improved earnings. // Waste News;08/10/98, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the performance of Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. during the third quarter for 1998. Net income reported for the company for 1998; Revenue record for the company for the quarter which ended on June 30, 1998; Comparison of the net incomes of the company for 1998 and 1997.
- BFI to reorganize business units. // Waste News;7/1/96, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Browning-Ferris Industries Inc.'s plans to reorganize its operating business structure.