Hot wheels for '98
- Stocking your station. Merrill, Lynn // World Wastes;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p20
Offers guidelines for designing a waste transfer station. Types of transfer stations; Open top system; Compaction system; Factors affecting the design of transfer stations; Developing the equipment specifications necessary for operations; Stationary and pre-load compactors; Transfer vehicles;...
- Collection is a gas. // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the deployment of natural gas powered collection vehicles at Palm Desert, California. September 1995 unveiling of the vehicles; Funding support of the truck conversions; Expected reduction in vehicular emissions.
- Fast haul. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;6/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the purchasing of garbage vehicles before the regulation of Environmental Protection Agency engine requirements comes up in the U.S. Implication of the purchase; Impact of the speeding upon the purchases on the diesel engine companies; Changes in the engine system of garbage vehicles.
- A LOOK BACK. // Waste News;1/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p9
Focuses on the transition of refuse collection vehicles during 1916-2002 in the U.S.
- Recycle Schedule. // Breckenridge American;12/29/2007, Vol. 104, p11
The article announces the pick up schedule of the BFI recycling truck in Texas from December 2007 to January 2008.
- Devouring downtown. Godbey, Matt // Louisville Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p15
Features the Clean-a-saurus, a garbage picking machine from the Louisville Downtown Management District. Resemblance to the Flintstones' pet dinosaur; Local teener Samarra Khaja as the designer of the machine.
- TRASHY STREETS. Selewicz, Ryan // Boys' Life;Feb2005, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p52
Presents an article about a fire on a garbage truck.
- Recycle Schedule. // Breckenridge American;8/23/2008, p3
The article announces that the BFI recycling truck will pick up in Zone 2, east of Liveoak Avenue in Breckenridge, Texas.
- Pa. haulers feel sting. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p3
Reports that environmental and transportation workers have conducted a surprise inspection of refuse collection vehicles in landfills in Pennsylvania. Reason behind the surprise inspection; Vehicles that were found to have environmental or safety problems; Reaction of the Pennsylvania Waste...