- How do you ship fluorescent and HID lamps to recyclers? Factor, Sandy // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Mid-Dec97, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p54
Presents guidelines on packaging fluorescent and high intensity discharge lamps for recycling. Prevention of mechanical damage; Use of the manufacturer's original box when possible; Placement of box in a plastic bag; Technique in palletizing.
- CMM Online Exclusives. // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Dec2012, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p8
The article presents information about the online content in the www.CMMOnline.com website which includes "The High-tech World of Window Cleaning," "Gutter Cleaning Tips That Can Save Your Life," and "Recycling Fluorescent Lamps, Ballasts, Batteries And Electronic Waste."
- Get ready to recycle fluorescent lamps. Reason, John // Electrical World;Mar1994, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p54
Reports on state of Minnesota's regulations on the control of disposal of fluorescent lamps for the capture of mercury from the lamps for recycling. State's forbidding of businesses from discarding failed lamps with regular solid waste; Relegation to state environmental control departments by...
- Help Yourself. // South County Journal;3/7/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 10, pB2
The article presents readers' request for information about a service or item and responses to inquiries, including the place to sell old jewelry, places to recycle fluorescent tubes, and stores that sell batteries for the Pops Watch.
- bright lights, big recycling: Ten steps to implementing a lamp recycling program. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p22
Presents tips on the implementation of a fluorescent lamp recycling program. Development of a purchasing plan; Factors to consider in the selection of a lamp recycling company, including its bookkeeping practices; Establishment of a process for managing used lamps; Background on Web sites that...
- Minn. awards contract to Recyclights. // Waste News;12/14/98, Vol. 4 Issue 31, p6
Reports that Minnesota officials have awarded Recyclights Inc. a five-year contract to recycle fluorescent lights.
- A Study of Consumer Behavior on Recycling of Fluorescent Lamps in SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil. Laruccia, Mauro Maia; Nascimento, Jarbas Vargas; Deghi, Gilmar Jonas; Garcia, Mamerto Granja // International Journal of Business Administration;Aug2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p101
The purpose of this article is to understand consumer behavior on the disposal of fluorescent lamps used in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The research discusses the consumer's decision on recycling, environmental aspects of disposal of fluorescent lamps and reverse logistics. Regarding methodology...
- The Usage of Fluorescent Waste Glass Powder in Concrete. Kara, Patricija; Korjakins, Aleksandrs; Kovalenko, Kirils // Construction Science;2012, Vol. 13, p26
Typical problem for Baltic States is recycling of glass;glass wastes are mainly dumped into landfill. Landfills of non-recyclable fluorescent lamp glass do not provide an environment-friendly solution for these wastes. In the present research waste borosilicate (DRL) and leaden silicate (LB)...
- Safety-Kleen announces new Fluorescent Lamp Recycling Service. // Fleet Equipment;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p80
Focuses on the availability of the Fluorescent Lamp Recycling Service of Safety-Kleen Corp.