Recycling the landfill tax
- Waste industry boosts work on eco-friendly alternatives. // Professional Engineering;05/27/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p14
States that Environmental Services Association (ESA) has established a yearly trust initiative that will support research into more sustainable waste management technologies, within the waste management industry in England. What the trust will be known as; Information on the trust; Comments...
- Tax aims to reduce U.K. landfill dependence. Read, Adam; Phillips, Paul // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the introduction of a tax in Great Britain to reduce dependence on landfills. Landfilling's dominance in the country's municipal waste industry; Price for the Landfill Tax; Uses of the proceeds from the tax; Landfill prices before taxes in the European Union.
- Taxing landfills. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the British government's introduction of a landfill tax.
- On MSW side, gradual improvement expected. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;1/4/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p11
The article presents an interview with Bill Rumpke, chief operating officer (COO) at Rumpke Consolidated Companies Inc. He tells how economic conditions will affect the solid waste industry in 2010. He also tells about the impact of government policy on solid waste management industry. He also...
- Think Green. // San Diego Business Journal;3/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 13, pB8
The article explores the green movement at waste recycling firm Waste Management Inc. in San Diego County, California. It is the primary consideration of the company to utilize environmentally friendly technology and approach. The company is confident that its processes assures a systematic and...
- More please for FareShare's waste-not, want-not project. Green, Rebecca // Food Manufacture;Oct2006, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the development of the national food charity FareShare which aims to provide food companies with a complete solution to their disposal problems in Great Britain. Under the scheme, products are either redistributed through its Community Food Network, or disposed of in an...
- Calif. could face tighter exemptions. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;4/19/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
Companies that sell plastic containers in California for nonfood applications could be required to use recycled content or take other steps aimed at reducing plastic waste, if a state agency has its way. The California Integrated Waste Management Board voted on April 13 to tighten exemptions in...
- Rise in landfill tax welcome. // Forestry & British Timber;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p5
Reports on Waste and Resources Action Programme's support to the plan to increase landfill tax in Great Britain. Promotion of sustainable waste management; Volume of wastes produced each year; Greenhouse gas emitted by landfill sites.
- Waste tax raises hackles. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the impact of waste tax for landfills on haulers in Ottawa, Ontario. Purpose for the surcharge imposition; Dumping of wastes in the waste facilities of the city; Estimate on the amount of unpaid landfill taxes.