- Ripple effect. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;12/15/97, Vol. 3 Issue 31, p10
Presents information on the recorded-setting sale of San Diego County, California's network of disposal sites to Allied Waste Industries Incorporated. Comments from James T. Ambroso, general manager of the landfill division for Allied Waste's west region; When the deal was closed; Mention of...
- Allied wins bid for San Diego system. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;08/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p2
Reports that Allied Waste Industries Incorporated has won a bid to acquire the waste system of San Diego County, California. Bid made by Allied; Other companies which made a bid for the system; Number of landfills included in the system.
- Allied completes San Diego County deal. // Waste News;11/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p6
Reports that Allied Waste Industries Incorporated completed its acqusition of San Diego's solid waste disposal operations October 31, 1997. Cost of the acquisition; When San Diego County, California selected Allied as the winning bidder.
- Md. county to end waste disposal. Leonard, John // Waste News;06/23/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p16
States that officials in Montgomery County, Maryland are expected to sign a deal with Allied Waste Industries Incorporated which will end all solid waste disposal in the county. Terms of the arrangement; Consideration of 15-year contract; Location of other company to recycle remaining waste.
- Upfront cash made the deal for county landfills. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;08/18/97, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p4
Focuses on the factors which led to the decision to sell the trash system of San Diego County, California, to Allied Waste Incorporated, a private operator. Upfront cash put forward by Allied; How Allied's financial strength and management expertise were demonstrated by the company's bid.
- Allied secures Wash. agreements. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;07/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p4
Reports that the Board of Commissioners in Klickitat County, Washington has approved the transfer of the Roosevelt Regional Landfill host agreement to Allied Waste Industries Incorporated. Problems faced by Allied in their efforts to acquire the landfill; Comments from Allied's attorney, Steve...
- San Diego signs $200M trash pact. // San Diego Business Journal;07/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the San Diego, California, city council's voting to enter into an agreement with Allied Waste Industries Inc. for the dumping of trash into the company's Sycamore Canyon sanitary landfill.
- Allied Waste purchases some of Waste Mgmt. assets. Canning, Kathie; Harrigan, Kate // Pollution Engineering;May99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p3
Reports on Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s plan to buy certain solid waste services assets from Waste Management Inc. Purchase price; Location of assets.
- Allied lays waste to trash competition with big offer. Acello, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;08/04/97, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p5
Discusses the recommendation by San Diego County Administrative Officer Larry Prior, that the county's solid waste system be sold to Allied Waste Industries. Proposal subject to the formal approval of the Board of Supervisors; Other companies which made a bid for the solid waste system.