WMI recycles bridge in New York
- Williamsburg Bridge replacement competition. // Architectural Record;Jul1988, Vol. 176 Issue 8, p62
A technical advisory committee to the city and state of New York recently invited engineering teams from all over the world to submit concepts for replacing the 85-year-old Williamsburg Bridge, which spans the East River. Presents a selection of the submitted designs.
- A bridge too close. Koeppel, Dan // Mountain Bike;Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on riding the Williamsburg Bridge in New York City by bike. Background information; Sentimental significance to the author; Structures; Muggers; Hazards; Varied cultures of inhabitants.
- SONY a6000. Ryan, Philip // Popular Photography;Jul2014, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p10
The article presents an image of the underside of the eastern tower of the Williamsburg Bridge in Brooklyn, New York, taken by "Popular Photography" Web editor Dan Bracaglia, and includes information on the exposure time of the image and the Sony a6000 digital camera used to take the photograph.
- Maintaining motion. P.E., Raman Patel; Stehn, Kristin // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/27/94, Vol. 232 Issue 26, Intelligent highway... p22
Makes observations concerning the maintenance of traffic during rush hours in New York City, New York. Increasing populations that worsen traffic problem; Effects of gridlock on roadway and major arterials; Reconstructive work on Williamsburg Bridge in New York City; Transportation design...
- The park in the dark. Forster, Tom // Green Futures;Oct2011, Issue 82, p12
The article reports that as of October 2011, there is a plan to convert the Williamsburg Bridge railway terminal, an underground tunnel beneath the Lower East Side in Manhattan, New York into a park, and states that the project is led by James Ramsey, an architect.
- Saved: Historic Williamsburg Bridge. // Architectural Record;Feb1995, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p14
Reports that New York City's Williamsburg Bridge is undergoing a major rehabilitation. Steinman, Boynton, Gronquist & Bridsall Engineers and Beyer Blinder Belle as renovators.
- The Public: Key to Successful Projects. Zetlin, Alexandra; Ojar, Shane // Public Roads;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p32
Discusses the involvement of the community in the construction of two New York City bridges. Reconstruction of the Williamsburg and Manhattan bridges; Overview of the reconstruction projects; Components of the Manhattan Bridge reconstruction project.
- Sabbatical. // New Yorker;11/18/1961, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p41
The article presents an interview with tenor saxophonist Sonny Rollins. He cites factors he considered that led him to abandon his performing for some time. The saxophonist mentions his efforts in practicing his music stating that he practices over the Williamsburg Bridge which is near his home...
- 75 and counting. // Interior Design;Nov2007, Vol. 78 Issue 14, p259
The article presents a concluding tribute to 75 years of "Interior Design." According to the author, the Williamsburg Bridge in the background is still the same one it was back in 1932. She believes that they are standing in front of enormous opportunities, particularly for their industrious and...