- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p26
Reports on issues concerning business transfer law in Great Britain as of January 22, 1998. Identification of staff employed in an undertaking; Developments on the case `Hassard vs. McGrath and Northern Ireland Housing Executive'.
- Government to renege on jail for elders? // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;3/31/97, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the government's call for a repeal of a provision of a law signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996 making it a crime for elders to knowingly transfer an asset in order to qualify for Medicaid.
- Transfer Act forces sellers to bring environmental skeletons out of the closet. Doty, Jeffrey A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/25/93, Vol. 14 Issue 30, Focus p20B
Discusses the Indiana Responsible Property Transfer Law or the Transfer Act. Application to commercial property; Purpose of disclosing `environmental defects' of property; Definition of `environmental defect'; Criteria to be met by property; Requirement of reporting chemical inventories.
- Property Transferred in Connection With the Performance of Services Under Section 83. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/18/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 117, p36229
A correction to the article related to property transfer published in the May 30, 2012 issue of the journal is presented.
- Tupe or not tupe: How new definitions change the rules. Wilde, Daniel // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p55
Explains the Rygaard judgment, a European Court of Justice decision recorded on September 19, 1995 which blurred the legal position of the transfer of contracts. What the Rygaard judgment states; Arguments in the Rygaard judgment; United Kingdom's transfer of undertakings regulations (Tupe).
- Government seeks review of complicated Tupe rules. Overell, Stephen // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the British government's launching of a consultation paper to reform European legislation designed to protect employees' rights when businesses change hands. Entitlement of transferred staffs to retain existing terms and conditions in contracting situation; Provision of occupational...
- Ailing MFR is driving down transfer values. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;3/13/2003, p3
Reports that the declining minimum funding requirement (MFR) for pensions in Great Britain has reduced young scheme members' transfers. Value of transfers; Features of the proposed scheme-specific regime which is due to replace MFR.
- Affidavit of Domicile. // Affidavit of Domicile;1/1/2011, p1
The first step you'll need to take to transfer ownership of stock or securities following a death is creating an Affidavit of Domicile. Use this short and simple form to: state where the deceased lived and for how long, get help filling out the required information, and receive instructions for...
- Fraudulent Transfers According to Alden, Gross and Borowitz: A Tale of Two Circuits. Zinman, Robert M.; Houle, James A.; Weiss, Alan J. // Business Lawyer;May84, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p977
Focuses on the law of fraudulent transfers in the United States. Definitions of transfer; Limitation set by the fraudulent-conveyance legislation; Implications of the use of long-term land sale contract in the conveyance of real estate.