Keep your trade secrets away from prying eyes
- Bill meant to open Japan market approved by House Committee. Garsson, Robert M. // American Banker;3/14/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 49, p2
Reports on the US House of Representatives Banking Committee's approval of the Fair Trade in Financial Services Act. Sanctions against countries discriminatory against American banks and financial service companies; Focus on Japan; Required congressional approval.
- Unfair competition. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/13/95, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p12
Editorial. Comments on the need for the anti-monopoly regulations enacted to protect competition in the United States. Fair Trade Act; Calling for businesses to compete with one another on a fairly level playing field; Control on massive retailers; Disappearance of discounts and low prices...
- Cadogan slated for 'side deals.' Prior, Louise; Taylor, Ian // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/12/2003, Issue 2563, p3
Reports the accusations by travel agency Advantage Travel Centres that operator Cadogan Holidays is pursuing 'side deals' with members in Great Britain. Failure of operators to provide accurate sales data; Termination by Advantage of a deal with Cadogan; Lack of acrimony.
- Consumers, unions charge PBMs with deceiving plans and patients. Walker, Tracy // Managed Healthcare Executive;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the plans of benefit managers to escalate the price of prescription drugs in the U.S. Disclosure of the actual cost of drugs; Details on the unfair competition of drugs in the market; Negotiation to lower the prices for prescription drugs.
- Fair trade gains marketing clout. Brown, Curtis // Precision Marketing;9/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p12
Reports that direct marketing is being employed to publicize emotive campaigns such as fair trade. Fair trade debate; Use of the Internet and one-to-one relationships with universities and students to raise awareness; Launch of the Trade for Life fair trade campaign.
- It's a fair shop, guv! // Challenge Newsline;Mar2002, Issue 11, p4
Features the Traidcraft, a fair trade organization in Great Britain. Objective of Traidcraft when its was set up in 1979; Overview on the Fairtrade Fortnight event in March 2002.
- Phone companies fight state network. Pugh // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Reports that member companies of the Indiana Telecommunications Association are accusing the state of unfair competition with its telecommunications network managed by the Intelenet Commission. Claim that the commission is using its buying power to leverage low prices on telecommunications...
- Product Recall. Stubbs, Peter; Andrews, Rachelle // NZ Marketing Magazine;Aug99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p58
No abstract available.
- Japan ends `club'. // Pulp & Paper;Sep93, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p27
Reports on pressure exerted by Japan's Fair Trade Commission to presidents of four major paper companies to give up their regular monthly gatherings. Honshu Paper Co.; Kanzaki Paper Manufacturing Co.; Nippon Paper Industries Co.; Oji Paper Co.; Venue of meetings; Avoidance of `a hint of...