Students promised a Flying Start at Asda
- Guild of Chefs will help to train Asda staff. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/23/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4223, p5
Reports on a deal to be signed by the Craft Guild of Chefs with British supermarket chain Asda to help with the training of staff for the in-store restaurants of the chain, as of May 2002. Possible terms of the deal; Information on several commercial deals made by the guild.
- Asda completes state-of-the-art training facility at HQ. // Grocer;9/21/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8123, p5
The article reports on the completion of a training facility for supermarket chain Asda in England in September 2013.
- Asda seeks to avert driver shortages with Â£1m scheme. // Grocer;3/14/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8196, p5
The article focuses on the retraining by British-based, American-owned supermarket chain Asda of warehouse staff to avert a looming driver shortage.
- ASDA opts for learning on demand. // e.learning age;Mar2004, p4
Reports the implementation of ThomsonNETg electronic learning courses at retailer ASDA as part of its overall blended learning program. Purpose of its implementation; Advantage of the program; Topics included in the courses.
- leader. // Grocer;3/14/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8196, p3
An introduction to articles published within the issue is presented, including the retraining by supermarket chain Asda of warehouse staff in preparation for the looming driver shortage and a two-year pay rise implemented by retailer The Co-op.
- Asda staff able to improve 'basic skills' while at work. // Personnel Today;9/16/2003, p7
British Supermarket chain Asda Group PLC is to roll out a new scheme that allows staff to go through basic skills training during work timeâ€” while still on full pay. The Skills for Life project gives employees with below-average numeracy or literacy skills the chance to attend courses...
- Asda launches NVQ programme. // Personnel Today;2/24/2004, p7
Supermarket chain Asda is to offer National Vocational Qualifications and Modern Apprenticeship training to more than 1,000 of its staff in a bid to boost productivity, morale and internal promotion prospects. The trial will take place across eight North London stores where employees over the...
- Asda -- a new breed of small business? Vockins, Debbie // Personnel Today;8/10/2004, p17
Having begged, bugged and harassed the Business Link agents out of Â£ 2,750 training grant money this year, the author of the article was mortified to see that Asda received a whopping Â£500,000 for Modern Apprenticeship scheme. Till late the Government was screaming skill shortages and...
- Movie drive at Asda outlets. // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p8
Offers a look at the retail-tainment program, a drive-in movie event at Asda stores. Comments from Marketing Store Worldwide managing director Catherine Shuttleworth.