Pleasure outweighs pain in NTO revamp
- Keeping MRFs safe and sound Harris, Sydney M. // World Wastes;Feb1996, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p47
No abstract available.
- Organizations spend $58.6 billion on training. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reports that training budget in American organizations increased by five percent in 1997 as compared to 1996 figures. Expectation of continuous investments in training and development in 1998.
- Employee development. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p10
Shares the development of employees in various businesses in Great Britain. Training for employees of Front-line Royal Mail; Professional qualification by the British Institute of Facilities; Scheme funded by Devon and Cornwall for tourism employees.
- Courses round-up. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p43
Shares the training courses aimed at employees and executives in Great Britain. Building winning teams; Skills for health and safety managers; Foundation course for trainers.
- Training at board level is a vital issue for business. Littlefield, David // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p16
Reports about the themes, importance of discussing training in the boardroom and the benefits of training emerged from the third annual conference of the former ITD London branch. Comments from Personnel and Development (IPD) president Mike Bett about the importance of training; Way of...
- Employee development. // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Discusses various issues regarding employees' training and development in Great Britain. Findings of the Industrial Society survey on the training budgets of different companies; Features of the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)-based training for bus drivers with GM Buses North in...
- Training policy. // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p9
Presents news about labor training in Great Britain. Program of Great Britain Employment Department on unemployment; Extension of boundaries to training and enterprise councils (TEC); Delay in the phasing out of the national diplomas of the Business and Technology Education Council; Reduction...
- Employee development. // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p10
Presents news about employee development programs in Great Britain. Formation of a consortium with the Cranfield School of Management to enable senior managers to share good practice and spot skills gaps; Completion of a management development program of the National History Museum in London;...
- Training policy. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p7
Features several news on training programs in Britain. Higher Education Funding Council for England plan for universities and colleges; Trade Union Congress (TUC) survey on statutory training levy; Criticism on the expansion of higher education according to the policy document from the...
- Employee development. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p8
Features news regarding the employees' activities and development in Britain. Women's course on painting and decorating designed by Camden Training Center; Contents of the report `Progress Through Partnership: Leisure and Learning;' Activities included in the annual NIACE training awards; Others.