Interest in homeschooling is running high
Tags: HOME schooling
- Home schoolers suspect the worst. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/20/93, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p38
Questions if Alberta Education is planning to re-establish the power of local school boards to control all home schoolers within their jurisdiction. Background of home schooling in Alberta; Series of forums on home schooling organized by Alberta Education; Possible reintroduction of Bill 41,...
- Hybrid homeschooling. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/25/96, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p35
Looks at an innovative educational experiment in Alberta's Parkland school division. The Muir Lake Alternative Program, hybrid of home- and classroom-based schooling; Features of the program, which began in September 1995; Number of students in the program; Supervision by the Muir Lake...
- INSTITUTE SAYS 2 MILLION STUDENTS ARE HOME-SCHOOLED. // American School & University;Feb2011, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p50
The article offers information on the results of the research conducted by the U.S. National Home Education Research Institute on home schooling in the U.S. in 2010.
- Our experience with homeschooling. Martin, Wendy // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p68
Discusses the nature of homeschooling. Advantages of homeschooling; Relation of homeschooling and homesteading.
- Homeschooling is a way of life. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p78
Reports that a majority of people are unfamiliar with the realities of home schooling. Assumption that kitchen tables are substituted for the classroom; Access to more freedom in the learning environment; Lessons on socialization in the context of family life.
- Why some people homeschool... Shelley, Raymond D. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p61
Recounts some experiences that led to the decision to the homeschooling of two children. Consequences of grade-sharing between the local and the neighboring school districts; Event that led the parent of a seventh grader girl to pull her from the school; Why a sixth grader boy begged his mother...
- A salute to homestead students! // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p98
Praises homestead students, many of them homestead, for being able to make well-written articles that the Countryside and Small Stock Journal has printed in its issues. A letter full of misspelled words that was compared to homestead students writings.
- What characterizes home schoolers? A national study. Wagenaar, Theodore C. // Education;Spring97, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p440
Presents a study to understand better the nature of home schoolers. Data used in the study; Results of the study; Conclusions.
- Kids, parents, and homework. Oppenheim, J. // Good Housekeeping;Sep89, Vol. 209 Issue 3, p148
Discusses how and when parents should help with their children's homework. Defining parent's role; How to time homework. Part of `Good Housekeeping' Child Care 89 guide.