Unable to win with evidence, greens turn to smear tactics
- Greenpeace Holds Ship in Protest. Parker, John // Traffic World;3/6/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p39
Reports the environmental campaign of activists from the group Greenpeace in Great Britain. Plan to end the importation of genetically modified foods into Europe; Prevention of ship Iolcos Grace from moving for 17 hours by the activists; Details on the clarification of the regulations on the...
- Environmentalism's limits to growth. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p145
Presents a survey of articles on the challenges faced by environmental organizations. Problem of overextension faced by Greenpeace; Consequences of expansion.
- Giving Greenpeace a Chance. Kerlin, Katherine // E: The Environmental Magazine;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the return of a more focused Greenpeace organization to fight polluters. Background on the internal unrest about Greenpeace USA management; Why Greenpeace is not effective in changing public policy, according to Jerry Taylor, director of natural resource studies at Cato Institute;...
- Can greenpeace rebound? Labbe, Colleen; Motavalli, Jim // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p27
Discusses the United States campaign retrenchment of Greenpeace, a Washington-based organization. Major way of reaching Greenpeace supporters according to Greenpeace's Mark Floegel; Focus of Greenpeace's narrowed campaign strategy; Programs and actions taken by Greenpeace against...
- OFFERING SOLUTIONS OR COMPROMISES? Beder, Sharon // Chain Reaction;2002, Issue 87, p14
Deals with the change in the philosophy of Greenpeace Australia in the early 1990s. Mission of Greenpeace; Reason for the reinvention of the organization; Partnership of Greenpeace Australia with the business community to promote environmentalism.
- A Green Transformation of Spirit? Warshall, Peter // Whole Earth;Spring2002, Issue 107, p77
Discusses information on environmentalism and green movement as of March 2002. Cash flow challenges for the green movement; Effectiveness of Greenpeace in advising potential stock buyers of hidden environmental costs that a business could suffer; Concept of the term sustainability; Issues...
- TV tick off stirs biggest fear. // Credit Management;Jun2001, p10
Presents the results of a survey concerning Greenpeace and television program Watchdog in Great Britain.
- Sean French. French, Sean // New Statesman;08/29/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4349, p33
Focuses on the legal conflict between environmentalist group Greenpeace and British Petroleum PLC. Advice for the green movement on how to avoid costly confrontations with those who harm the environment.
- More Alike Than We Thought. // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Sep99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p23
Reports that Greenpeace activists in Gladstone, Queensland, have invaded an experimental shale oil plant. How the move was described.